Just a light debate about women and shaving

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by meagainstme, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

i dont want this to start any arguing or nasty comments
    but i was just wondering what peoples views are on about women shaving : should they?

im a woman and choose not to shave. this is because basically I CANT BE BOTHERED. why should i shave just because i am a woman and society expects me to?

i havent got anything against women who shave because THEY want to, but why should they suffer because men say they should?

any views...

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Reminds me of a show I watched the other week called 'Hairy Women', it was about peoples attitude towards shaving and body hair on women. I can go days, a week and maybe even two weeks without shaving, it really doesn't bother me but if I go somewhere where there's a chance I will "expose" them parts of my body then I do shave before I go out. Thankfully, I'm naturally not a very hairy person anyway. Only my head; that hair NEVER seems to stop growing! Hehe

3. meagainstme

yeh i watched that programme too.
    i found it so empowering!!

i love people who dont conform.

shaving is not an issue to me at all. there are way more important things in my life to think about.

people know i dont shave, and if they are bothered by it then i couldnt give a shit about them....bye bye to them! :)

4. Syd

Syd Guest

If it doesn't bother her, it doesn't bother me.

5. philio

philio Well-Known Member

i think its the same for men as well... like we have to shave away our stubble...

although i do think that we can get awat with it more..

anyways, i think you should do what you want, and nuts to everyone elses opinion :rolleyes:

6. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

I dont care really. I think landing strips are sexy tho. or shaved so hair wont get in the way when I give my girlfriend oral sex lol.

7. immure

immure Account Closed

we where laughing today how women don t grow air never gat gas and always smell like flowers. i just do it cause i find i get better results from the world like this. and i have a mission.

8. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

being something you dont want to be wont make you happy tho.

9. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Out of personal preference I never let my armpits go unchecked, but as far as I'm concerned unless I'm going to be wearing shorts or a skirt my legs can do what they like for a while :tongue:.

I have virtually no interest in sex or anything lately, so it's irrelevant from a 'sexy' point of view too.

That said, I see no harm in shaving because your boyfriend or girlfriend prefers things that way, just like a treat. Does that make sense? No-one should put you under pressure to though.

If my legs are going to be on show to the general public then I do shave them, but otherwise I'm not fussed. And in the winter it keeps you cosier :laugh:.

As an interesting (?) aside, I started shaving my legs religiously when I was only 10, because I used to get teased. I am naturally rather hairy on my arms and legs, but it's blonde hair so I'm lucky in that respect. But I remember having outdoor PE lessons and the light catching the hair I had on my legs back then, and getting teased so badly I just went home and shaved them.

Am I writing coherently? I'm a little tipsy.

10. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Hmm.
    Like 'Nobody' I have blonde hair, and I'm a bit hairy on my arms and legs, but you can't really tell.

I shave my armpits and legs religiously, only because I feel more hygienic that way, I sometimes let my legs go a little bit, but only because I wear jeans a lot, so it doesn't matter..

11. Syd

Syd Guest

:unsure: Just how hairy are we speaking about here ! :wink:

12. meagainstme

lol, i had images then

13. lebigmac

lebigmac Well-Known Member

No one's forcing you to shave. Just know that it's a total turnoff for us guys (well, except for the few hair fetishists whom I'm sure exist).

14. meagainstme

im a lesbian and found a mixed reaction from girls. most of them dont care that i dont shave

so its all good :)

if they minded, id be like ''f*** you''

but i am nice really :rolleyes:

15. ^ i think thats a good attitude to have towards people who have a problem with the way you choose to be ^

16. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

whatever makes my girl happy makes me happy :smile: id say though that she looks and feels even more beautiful when i can feel only her skin, but wouldnt truly care either way, aint about the touch its about her. But also, touch is so very important.

17. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I shave every day. I really like the feeling of my legs when they are super smooth. Also, because I shave every day, it only takes me about 4 minutes in the shower because it doesn't really matter if I miss a little spot :)

18. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

:laugh: okay, firstly, we are not talking like gorilla hairy :tongue: The cosy thing was (mainly :wink:) a joke as indicated by use of amusing emoticon thing :tongue:.

As for it being a turn off, I guess I cared once, but I don't any more. I hate the idea of men wanting me sexually now, my boyfriend included. So actually, that's a bonus. I still don't have my legs all 'natural' if I'm wearing shorts or a skirt without tights though. Just because I don't like drawing attention to myself at all, and unfortunately you're guaranteed attention if you are a woman with hairy legs on show :rolleyes:.

Also, who wants to be 'cosy' when it's 30 degrees in the shade? :laugh:

If it wasn't for my own ideas about hygeine I guess I wouldn't shave my armpits, but I just can't bear it, even a little bit. I can never ever let them go even just a tiny bit :tongue:.

I agree that smooth legs on women is very sexy, but then there's a lot more to someone's sexiness than that. At the end of the day, if hairy legs would be enough to turn someone off me sexually then they're not really the kind of person I'd be wanting to get that intimate with, are they :smile:.

19. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

I have never really seen a point to waste time and money on removing something that is doing no harm, and that will only grow back.
    The boys I have dated never really minded. I am a very clean and hygenic person.
    I find it to be just another pointless beauty standard.

20. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Im really hairy lol I have a full beard chest hair belly hair. How can I say any thing negative about it. I think some type of physical sign that your taking good care of your body is good tho. more attractive than looking scruffy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.