Just a little rant

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaish, May 13, 2015.

1. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

God. I'm so pissed off. I should be happy right now. Despite having a car that overheats I did sell it for $200 more than I was asking for. There was high interest in it. I sold it to a couple people who seemed trustworthy. I mean the fact that one of them test drove it without me in the car -- I figured if he took off with it I would call police. They're mechanics who want to fix up the car and resell it. They talked a lot about their work and they brought a tow truck to take the car away. So when it came to the title I admitted to not knowing how it's handled. They took a look at the title, read it over and told me where to sign. I took the money, handed them the key and the title and we both walk away happy. Well now my father is saying I was suppose to rip a portion of the title off so I could register the sale. He never told me that!! He now suggests I call them up and ask for their info. I honestly don't want to do that because I had no reason not to trust them based on our interaction. Maybe it's stupid, but to turn around and demand for their name and address I feel is showing a major sense of distrust of them as people. The only reason I would have to be concerned is based on their race and I don't want to go there. I trust they will register the car in their name. I would think driving around with the car in someone else's name, wouldn't that cause them trouble? Plus they want to fix it up and resell it. Obviously they would want it in their name for that. I don't know. I just hate that I have to sit here and now worry these people will participate in some crime and I'll be held responsible. I should be happy. I shouldn't be sitting here thinking based on their race and tattoos could that mean I messed up despite them seeming trustworthy? I'm just so frustrated that my father didn't tell me this tablet of information. I mean obviously I could've called him up, but because these people seemed trustworthy I asked what needs to be done. Of course there's no way to know if they do register in their name so this is just something I have to forget about and pray that it don't come back to haunt me one day. Thanks dad for F'ing up so bad.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You can call the drivers licence place and let them know the car is no longer registered in your name you sold it
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I agree with TE above, don't get too caught up in what your dad was saying about how "should have" done it as it is too late to worry about that now. Just call the motor vehicle department and find out what needs to be done now (if anything) to make sure neither you nor the buyers have any problem in the future. Everybody is new at things until they have done it a few times and there are bound to be things overlooked on paper work on occasion so I am sue you are not the first and the vehicle place will be able to tell you if it is okay to just forget it or how to fix.
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

It's really easy to inform DMV that it's been sold and no longer under your possession.

My state can be done via online. So give Nevada's DMV website a go