Just a Question

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by catb_catb, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catb_catb

catb_catb Member

I was wondering if it's leagel for some one that's not a social services(say, a school nerse), to take pictures of your scars and/or cuts?
    I'm not saying this happened or anything, it's just that, yesterday, I was called to the office of my school and then sent to the nurse's office and she asked to see all my cuts and crap. Then she asked me if she could take pictures of them. I flat out told her no, and she was all disappointed and crap, then let me go back to class.
    So if anyone could give me any bit of an answer, that would be good.

-Cassy

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I don't think she would be allowed to without your permission unless she had reasons to think you were in imediate danger...like you were getting ready to kill yourself within hours...or plotting to kill someone... so... hmmm.. that's all I have.. sorry. try and take care of yourself hun...there are other ways of coping besides Self Harming.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

3. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

:eek:hmy: do what??! i dont think thats right at all. whether its legal i have no idea..also depends on your country i guess but i doubt it...you shouldnt even have to show them if youre not comfortable...im genuinely shocked.

4. catb_catb

catb_catb Member

Thanks everyone...ummm, also uber thanks to blueberry87, that for some reason really helped...god I'm confusing.

Ah well.

-Cassy

5. altek001

altek001 Well-Known Member

a good, general rule to follow is that if you don't feel comfortable doing something, don't do it.
    if something in your gut says not to do something..don't.

...something's not right here..

..be careful. very.
    - Henry

(i don't mean to alarm...i'm just mondo skeptic)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2006
  6. catb_catb

catb_catb Member

Thanks, and I agree with you that I need to like, sort of be careful, 'cause(I don't know if this sounds stupid to be worried about) the nurse that tryed to take pictures of my arm, also went through my locker and took about I think...seven notes that I have written in the past, but ever ended up giving to the person written to.

I don't kow, but I just don't trust any adults anymore...I mean...they say they're just trying to help, and they care, but something just doesn't seem right. I don't even trust my shrink anymore. I don't know what it is...but it just seems like they're all trying to spite me or something.

Maybe I'm just being parinoid, I don't know.

-Cassy

7. altek001

altek001 Well-Known Member

if those notes were of a dire (read: suicidal or 'hit/kill-list') nature...
    prepare to be called to the office. if they're not, you should be fine..

i don't know where you're from, but as you can see, i'm from colorado.
    ^home of the Columbine massacre (where i lost one of my friends) and another, more recent school shooting (where one of my friends lost one of their BEST friends)^

i'd think they're starting to take those kinds of notes seriously. (hopefully your school's very slack about it in your case so you don't have to deal with more than you probably already have to..)

...sometimes i think adults in 'authoritative' positions got there just to peek into kids' lives and..as much as i was trying to stay away from the word, i'm thankful you said it first, 'cos yes: i'm paranoid of 'helpful' adults, too.

i don't know if this will help you, but Will Smith (back in his 'Fresh Prince' days) came up with a rap whose title describes my feelings: "Parents Just Don't Understand". find it and give it a listen if you've got the time.

i'm pullin' for you!
    - Henry

8. catb_catb

catb_catb Member

I'm pretty sure they wern't...actually, I'm positive that they wern't about anything like that. I think they were just about a few stupid teenagerie things, and all that, if that makes any sence.

Well, I'm from a fairly small town in Wisconsin, but my school has gotten REALLY uptight about pretty much everything...they're all like..."Someone's gonna kill everyone in about five seconds if we don't take away basicly every privlige, and privacy right the students in this school have!!" So yeah, you get the idea.

*sigh* That's about it. And thanks for helping with this, and sorry that I haven't replyed to anything on her in, well, forever. My life's just been so insane lately...I haven't had time to do anything.

-Cassy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.