just a question...

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by thedeafmusician, Feb 21, 2007.

1. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Any tips on GAINING weight?? I'm serious lol... I'm literally a stick but I eat as much as a horse and get lots of comments because I am classified as underweight and look too skinny to a lot of people... especially my PE teacher and my friends.. :unsure:

2. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Well it sounds like you possess a naturally slight frame. If you were clinically obese, they'd have something to say about that too. If you do wanna beef up a little bit, I'd recommend eating larger quanities of healthy food such as chicken, fish, some steak, pasta, fruit, veg etc) and incorporating some weight training in to your fitness regime. You may find it takes a while, but the work will bear fruition. Good luck.

3. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

umm i dont know if this will help but my housemate used to drink lots of milk powder (with meals) as a cheaper alternative to that weight gain powder stuff...

4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Well, carbs like pasta, chips and etc usually make you gain weight. Usually you can find shakes for losing weight but also ones with loads of calories to help you gain weight. Goods luck hunny. :hug:

5. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

Beer and coca cola seems to do the trick for me

6. yeh.

yeh. Well-Known Member

wathever you do, don't come to Mexico.
    im also skinny by nature, girls envy me. and im not a girl. so meh

7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Am posting you my flab as we speak :dry::laugh:

8. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Dont eat loads of carbs I dont think thats a good idea, you need to add bulk with muscle not fat, and slowly not suddenly.

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yeah that's possible, too. I think your best bet is eat meat, veggies, some carbs and I'd recommend one of those shakes you can buy that are suppose to put the weight on you, and they are healthier way to approach it. Loading on carbs usually makes you gain weight but depending on your body and how much you eat may not be good but pastas can help you gain. But once again.. I say the shake. :tongue:

10. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

Wow I have the same problem!! I'm sickenly thin and I eat a ton. I've tried a lot of different things and nothing seems to work for me. I guess I would suggest eating a lot of fast food. but that's not really healthy.