Just a question...

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Looking_4_Hope, Jun 24, 2007.

  1. if i go to my gp can they give me some sort of medication for depression or would they send me to a therapist?
  2. Ruby

    Ruby Well-Known Member

    GPs can prescribe antidepressants. They could refer you to a therapist if they think it'd help, it all depends on the situation really.
  3. Esmeralda

    Esmeralda Well-Known Member

    My GP provided me with anti-depressants. I think it helps if you describe more of the physical effects of depression, sleeping all the time, no real ambition, general ickyness...but if you have severe emotional problems, then a therapist could be the way to go. Just be careful...I started Wellbutrin and it made it much worse (just my chemistry, I guess, some people do great with it). I'm on Zoloft now and feeling better. If they make you feel worse stop taking them IMMEDIATELY...it's just the drugs reacting badly.