Just a question

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by June, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. June

June Well-Known Member

I don't know if I should post that in here but I just have a question... I'm on citalopram for almost a year now but I still have massive sleeping problems. My doctor said that will go away but she keeps saying that for months now. I was looking on the internet which sleeping pills might help but I'm a bit stuck on this one. Does anyone have an idea what helps best? There are hardly any nights I sleep through, most of the time I keep lying awake for hours and when I finally get some sleep the night is almost over. I also keep on having nightmares which scare me so much that I can't even get out in the morning. Thanks

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Trazadone does help get you to sleep could try that one.

3. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I was on those and suffered sleep problems with them so my doc changed me over too Mirtazapine. I still suffer sleep problems but not nearly as much as I did with them is there no way you can be switched to a drug that doesn't give you sleep problems?

4. June

June Well-Known Member

I switched already once and I think citalopram is quite okay for me. The only constant negative is the sleeping problem. I tried sleeping pills before but they weren't good as they left me feeling exhausted all day. As I just moved to another country it might be difficult to find a doctor and get prescription as I get citalopram here without prescription in the pharmacy.

5. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

I was on Celexa & Trazodone at the same time...NOT a brilliant idea. Seperately they work well.
    I'm still struggling w/ the slipping issue despite coming off Celexa last July.
    I try & tire myself out during the day, however I still find myself cycling on & off these weird sleep patterns. Not sure what these meds have done for the long run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.