Just a random, meaningless question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Who here would ever go to a bar by themselves just to hang out and have a drink, even if they have no one to go with? I'm trying to decide if I should or not. I don't like being stuck here at home doing nothing, and a drink does sound good, but at the same time, I don't want to feel like a pathetic idiot, sitting there drinking by myself.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I've done that plenty when I was younger. I still don't know where I found the courage, I cannot imagine doing that today, lol. It's not pathetic though, just enjoy your drink and the music, empty your mind, no one cares. Those who care will come talk to you, be prepared for that to happen lots. ^^
And stay safe!

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I've done it, it worked out fine to pass a few hours while my bf was in the gym or I just needed to get out of the house, its perfectly okay, just be safe :)

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Who here would ever go to a bar by themselves just to hang out and have a drink, even if they have no one to go with? I'm trying to decide if I should or not. I don't like being stuck here at home doing nothing, and a drink does sound good, but at the same time, I don't want to feel like a pathetic idiot, sitting there drinking by myself.
I would. Although I've never been to a bar, or had alcohol, so maybe I don't count.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
I do it if my friend is unavailable and I just need to get away for a drink, I've taken a book before now as well. You do you and fuck social norms.
As long as the book isn't an Encyclopedia
You do you and fuck social norms.
As long as that doesn't extend to clipping one's toenails on the bar counter next to the bowl of peanuts.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Think I heard Johnny Depp say one time, on the Tonight Show couch with Jay Leno, or something. . . probably at or around the time of one of those Pirate Caribean (sp!) moives : // none of which I've ever seen, i'm sure im' massively mising out! (but that they'd done3 a scientific study & analyzed one of those jars of peanuts at some random bar; guess what were the results? "20-30 different kinds of yurinE;l! ...;)" / or pee _yum yum~ :D

Harmony

SF Supporter
I've gone to a bar alone. I don't feel it's pathetic in the least. As Auri said, be prepared for people to want to talk to you. Have the look of death on hand if you don't want to talk and as MrB pointed out stay away from the yurinE lol ladened nuts.

PrincessPure

Late ig, but I would do it. I never did it before as there aren't any bars around where I live, but will someday do it. And it's probably a way to meet some people and socialize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00