Just a thought: what if my life really gets screwed over due to my insomnia?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by eagles_fan, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

Like, what if I miss out on a job interview due to it or some shit?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Ya dam insomnia i hate it too hun have a very very loud alarm clock okay try to change your sleep habits hun talk to your doctor okay see what can be prescribed newer sleeping aides with less hangover effects hugs
  3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi eagles_fan,

I hope you do not miss out on a job interview (knocks on wood)....maybe setting multiple alarms or having someone call and wake you up could both be options for you, if they aren't already. Sorry to hear that you are suffering from sleep problems, and.....keep up the good work in your job search! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I've missed work, missed school (including crucial final exams), missed busses, nearly missed planes. Missed important phone calls and doctor's appointments. Was twice very nearly fired from a job because of it. Have crashed my car into a pole (going backwards in a parking lot, it wasn't serious) because I hadn't slept in over a day.

-two alarm clocks set to staggered times. it's more effective if they don't go off simultaneously.
    -set the alarm clocks 20 minutes and 30 minutes fast so you're not sure what time it really is when you're still mostly asleep when they ring in the morning. You just know it's time to wake up. This helps prevent snooze button gambling and folly negotiation with yourself about how it's okay to be only 10 minutes late to work if you just hit the snooze one more time. then 10 minutes turns to 20 and then you turn the damn things off altogether and your boss telephones you several hours later wanting to know what the hell is the matter with you? :unsure:

Most effective wake up technique is this: take a desk lamp, a bright one that you can aim directly at your face when you're lying in bed. Put it on a timer. Timers can be gotten fairly cheap at any hardware home depot type store. Set it to turn on when you absolutely, positively, MUST wake up or be late for something important in the morning. This would be slightly after your alarm clocks go off. The idea is that when the light turns on it is your signal to get out of bed immediately.

...the best solution is figuring ways to not have to be up early, but that's a tricky goal to achieve. :/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.