• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Just A Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always Hopeless

People can say whatever they want about alcoholics and drug addicts. But while the nurses and staff members in the mental health hospital were stealing from my room and stealing the items (such as clothes) that my parents brought for me in the hospital, it was the other patients who treated me with kindness, respect and empathy. My roommate had almost nothing to her name - I don't think she even had a home outside the hospital, but she would give up what little clothes she had to me.

There are plenty of people who have good jobs, a happy life and are stable. I wish I could have that too. But no matter what they have, these people aren't all as great as they think they are.

When I was younger, I was out with some friends and we ended up talking to this drunk homeless dude. One of them warned him, jokingly, to watch out for me because I was ”5150.”

This guy’s immediate reaction to hearing I was crazy was to put an arm around me and offer me a beer.

Most “respectable” people, believing someone to be mentally ill, avoid them like the plague. This guy’s first instinct was to be inclusive and share the one thing he had.

Always Hopeless

When I was younger, I was out with some friends and we ended up talking to this drunk homeless dude. One of them warned him, jokingly, to watch out for me because I was ”5150.”

This guy’s immediate reaction to hearing I was crazy was to put an arm around me and offer me a beer.

Most “respectable” people, believing someone to be mentally ill, avoid them like the plague. This guy’s first instinct was to be inclusive and share the one thing he had.
I think people who have truly suffered help others because they know what it's like.

People who only think they've been though shit are the ones who want to ignore and sweep it under the rug because they don't want to blemish their own lives.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
But no matter what they have, these people aren't all as great as they think they are.
I think people who have truly suffered help others because they know what it's like.

People who only think they've been though shit are the ones who want to ignore and sweep it under the rug because they don't want to blemish their own lives.

Those that do, tend to decieve themselves more than anyone else.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Most “respectable” people, believing someone to be mentally ill, avoid them like the plague.
That's the stigma that's been created over time. One built upon a foundation of utter bollocks. From personal experiences, generally it's anything but those "respectable" who are switched on. Those who have been through the mill, they are the ones in touch with reality.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
That's the stigma that's been created over time. One built upon a foundation of utter bollocks. From personal experiences, generally it's anything but those "respectable" who are switched on. Those who have been through the mill, they are the ones in touch with reality.
I mean @Always Hopeless , you mentioned about health care professionals acting like total shits, I've seen and heard that so many times myself over the years, the way they tried to cnt people off (apologies for the language), where's the professionalism? Or offer of dignity for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00