Just a week before Christmas..

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Underground, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Underground

Underground Well-Known Member

A week ago today (18th Dec), my old childhood friend/neighbour's mother commit suicide in her house. Reasons are still unknown, and it's had a tremendous impact on the entire family. I wasn't close to her myself, but, I just want to wish that family a good Christmas, though, I don't imagine it's going well for them at all. :/

It's weird to see suicide in this light, having been suicidal myself. I know that it has an impact on family and friends, but now I'm seeing and feeling this upclose. It just goes to show that anyone can have depression and other mental illness/difficulties in life at any time. She was a young woman with a good career, and even though her children were getting older (her son aka my old friend is 16, her daughter is 19) it seemed she still had a lot to live for.

RIP Tracey ♥

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

How sad for those young kids and family I hope they are getting some therapy to help them cope. so sorry for their loss and the pain they now will have to endure.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Losing a loved one is never easy, but when they take their own lives so many other emotions come into play. Your friend and his family will need lots of support in the coming months. So many people shy away from supporting others when a suicide is involved. They don't know what to say or how to help. The support needs to be there beyond just the short term. I hope you can be there for them, but not at your expense. You may need time to come to terms with things as well. :hug:

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You never know what is happening for someone...and I am so sorry for you and your friend...death is never easy...suicide is even more difficult because of the guilt and shame it leaves behind...sorry for your loss, J