....Just Advise?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by ~Tosh~, Dec 21, 2008.

1. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

fluoxetine...

what are the advantages/disadvantages and does it work??? :unsure:

My doc prescribed me with it a few days ago, and i took my first dose yesterday, and had headache all day.. :dry:

Thanks

x

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

For the first few days I took it I felt awful. Really depressed, aching all over and sleep went heywire. This passed and I was left feeling kind of numb. Sacked them a few weeks ago because I found I had no motivation to do anything. My depression is situational and no pill can change that. Think they probably helped to stabilise me for a while but feel I've got more chance of getting mt life back together without them. Like all meds they effect people in different ways. Hope you can get some benefit from them. Give them chance to start working properly though. Best of luck.

3. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

Thanks Snowraven, much appreciated..

anyone else???

4. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I was on fluoxetine (prozac) for 2 years and unfortunately they didn't work for me.
    It takes 6-8 weeks for the full benefit of them 2 become apparent so, dont give up on them too soon. They worked perfectly for my friend with no side effects at all.
    Good luck
    Lea :hug:

5. Sparkz

Sparkz Well-Known Member

i found they helped after a few weeks :smile:
    at first they didnt do anything for me, but after a few weeks i felt my mood improve

6. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

I was going to write an essay on this but I don't want to tell you of my experience. Instead I'm just going to say............................Just because prozac is commonly prescribed DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE ITS POTENCY.

It is a powerful, if subtle MIND ALTERING DRUG. Never forget that.

And whatever it says on the packet or whatever your doctor says DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU TAKE IT. ESPECIALLY IF IT FEELS O.K.

Thats my advice ( 1 and a half years on prozac).

7. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

well... kinda screwed up already then, went out round the town on sat :unsure:

thanks guys

8. They made me worse, I've done lots of research on them too, you have to be careful they are the mildest type of anti-depressents but have a very high rate of making 16-24 feel worse, but that doesn't mean you will get it, I hope they work for you. :hug: