Just an introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
An online friend showed me this site tonight. I don't even consider her a friend. Just someone I chat with. I don't know why she showed me this site, maybe because she thinks I'm suicidal? Which I, do indeed, think we all have considerate it in our darkest hours. I don't know if she's joking about being suicidal or not... I honestly think suicidal thoughts are mind over matter. I think you can become healthy if you think positively and do positively. I get a good sense of well-being when I do something positive. I don't necessarily need to hear "thank you" or "congratulations." But it is however, when said, much appreciated.

I noticed when I'm doing nothing with my life, I feel depressed. But when I have too much to do, I feel like there's a weight on my shoulders. Life isn't easy. And it isn't supposed to be. A handful of people may breeze through it, but for the rest of us, it can get a little overwhelming....

The whole point to me posting this, is to let people, even people who think they are "strong-minded," know there are people on-line who will stalk and who will tell lies. And it's your duty to make sure not to be completely trusting of someone you met online. Esppecially, especially, I can't stress this enough, when it comes to nude photos of yourself.

LeaveMeAlone

bit of a bizarre introduction, but welcome none the less.

I think personally you have a bit of a mis-guided view of what depression really is, but don't worry, most people do, there is a big difference between feeling depressed and suffering from depression.

that rational thought you demonstrate there is something which is very difficult when someone is in a depressive episode, even if we know thing will get better, it's almost impossible to feel that, we can't make ourselves believe it.

The difference between just thinking about suicide and believing there is absolutly no alternative, that killing yourself is the only way to end the pain you're living in, is a huge difference. unfortunatly unless you can actually experience it yourself (which i hope you never do) then I doubt you'll ever be able to truely grasp what it's like.

I suppose the only way i can try and explain it to you, is try and imagine a scenario where you would rather be dead, say you were in a car crash, you've been crushed from the waste down, you're burried under at least 3 more cars and you're on fire. imagine the pain you would be in, and how you would scream and beg to just die so the pain would stop, then imagine feeling like that while you're at work, or walking to the shops, imagine trying to tell your friends and your family what it's like only for them to tell you to "get over it" or that you just have to "think positive" .. you can think positive all you want, you're still on fire.

Many of us have felt like that for years, not all the time, but a lot of the time, we hang on hoping that we can eventually get better, but unfortunatly unlike being trapped under that car, we first have to convince the fireman that we're actually there.

I'm not offended. I get what you mean, when you say that doing something positive gives you a good sense of well being. Helping other people is a great way to be able to feel good about yourself... as long as you are actually looking after yourself. I've kinda found that if I dont look after myself helping other people is slightly impossible, lol.

Thinking positively and acting positively play a BIG part in things like mild depression... or well any kind of illness. Sometimes it doesnt always work as well as you hope it is, but then you still have to stay positive I guess.

If life was easy, we'd all be pretty stupid I think. Mostly you get wisdom from actually living life... you dont learn it in books at school. Oh, and happiness wouldnt exist either, because there's no sadness to balance it out, if that made sense... :unsure:

Anyway, before I bore you to death with my rambling hahaha, I'd just like to say welcome to the forum, which was the whole intent of writing this post. :)

TDM

gentlelady

Staff Alumni
:welcome: to SF. You are right about the dangers of the internet if you do not take care. But not everyone is that way. You will find most of us to be quite friendly in a positive way around the forum. I hope you like what you find. Take care. :hug:

jane doe

welcome angel dust to the forum. here you´ll find support and caring people. i´m here for you at anytime, just let me know. take care and i hope to see you around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00