just another newbie- a depressed new yorker

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by white oleander, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white oleander

white oleander New Member

Hey everyone. I'm Sam, a native New Yorker (aka trapped because it's too expensive to leave and my income is subpar). I'm "excited" to be on this forum, I'm looking forward to meeting like minded individuals as I'm in a bad place at this time. I feel trapped in my situation (living with a bad boyfriend and can't leave because I don't make enough money to meet 40x rent qualifications in NYC) and in my head, it's such a dark bad place. I'm 23, going to turn 24 in April, and my birthday is always a big deal. With my current situation (an evil boss, I'm basically an underpaid office worker treated like an intern after 4 years of dedicated work) I don't think I'm gong to make it to my birthday. I've been depressed since 13 and in high school it got worse. All this time, I've thought it would get better but with no health insurance, therapy ended up being a HUGE waste of time/money that could have been put into saving to leave my boyfriend and move from NYC to get a fresh start on my life.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting to know you all! I do love helping others and each time it always brings me a smile, which in turn helps me :)
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Welcome aboard and so understandable about rent! Impossible those days without a partner
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear that you are down but remember life is important and so are you.
  4. white oleander

white oleander New Member

thank you both so much! your words definitely brightened my friday.
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You welcome. Just remember someone somewhere is thinking about you. Just be safe and please be free to PM me anytime. Be strong my friend and take care.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome. Oh I'd so love to live in new york, right now can't even afford a holiday there lol

I am really sorry things aren't going so well for you. You will meet many like minded people here on the forum, I'm 26 and school was hell for me too, I am hoping to go back and study this coming school year. I do hope things get better for you my friend :hug:
  7. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.