Just another random thought

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Ziggy, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Chickens.

Should we eat them? Maybe, maybe not. That's your choice, as long as you have knowledge, as long as you know how they are raised and treated then that's up to you.

I've known people who've killed themselves and they've said "I'm a bad person" or "Nobody cares", but they were wrong, that's lack of knowledge for you. But once you really do know... then that's up to you I guess?

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

This sort of thing is subjective. How much knowledge do you need before it's classed as "not lacking knowledge"
    Everyones perception's vary.

3. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

ive reared thousands of chickens as a diet for falcons at an old employers place, must say i did have a couple for myself. better than what you get on the shelves!
    we estimated we went through 30,000 young chickens in a year! and thats a mere fraction of what is incinerated in this country each year. only problem is we dont have a machine to kill them so its a quick tug on their necks and its done!

4. Ziggy

I like to see documentaries about hunting and rearing animals for food. It's interesting to hear different viewpoints on the fates of these animals. Even when my cat had fleas I read up on fleas and spent ages wondering why I categorised the fleas as "bad" and the cat as "good" (I don't think the birds and mice in the area would agree with me)

Should we not consider the fates of people in the same way? Let's imagine you have 2 suicidal people. They've got essentially the same set of problems, beliefs, lifestyle etc. Should they both die or both live? Will they find happiness and resolve their problems? Is that important? Does it actually matter what they want, think or believe in?

Maybe what makes them so different is that one is the flea, and the other is the cat. But as you say Mystic Eyes, just how much knowledge do you need to determine this?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  5. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

im more than happy to share any knowledge i have, i have photos and video's of everything from breeding falcons for falconry through to training a young bird and its first release and through to the hunting itself. i also have photos of the small set-up we had for chickens, we had less room than many factories farming chickens but we had a vastly smaller loss rate! only problem when rearing them is my ex used to try and sneak a chick out each time because theyre cute!

my old employer: http://www.gyrfalcons.co.uk/

6. Random

Random Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Eat them or don't. It isn't this complicated.

7. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

i say eat em they tast good and there healthy to eat.

8. Ziggy

I've been on this site nearly 2 years now, and I think this sums everything up. It isn't that complicated whether I kill a chicken, it isn't that complicated whether I kill myself. If I want to do it, then do it, if I don't, then don't. That seems so straightforward to me, what the hell were all my posts about anyway?

Those posts weren't my posts anyway, you know in the past if a woman chatted me up I thought that wasn't me, that was some 'other' me, some 'other me' I don't understand, and the me who did odd things, that was the 'other' me too, and Ziggy was the 'other' me. And I'm not really sure why I said that or who it was that said that anyway.

Maybe people care about me, or some other me, or Ziggy, who isn't me, I don't know whether that's important to me but I guess it is to them. This makes no sense does it? But it doesn't matter if you understand or care, I guess this is about me and not other people, and maybe it's all about free will and the choices we make and the life we live, and chickens?

What the hell does this have to do with chickens? I am the chicken and the chicken is me? Only knowledge is the key. I think I'm trying to say something here but I'm not sure what. What I say isn't important but what you hear is. So this thread is about you!

Anyway it's time to move on, so this is my final thought, it was just another random thought. It doesn't matter, why the hell would people reply to it? Know yourself. Know it does't matter. Know what really matters, and what do I know anyway? So erm... yeah. Sorry if you read this. Sorry for wasting your time,

Ziggy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008
  9. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Ziggy - Look. I was having a bad day when I wrote that. Sometimes that stuff just comes out of me and I don't know where it came from. I'm sorry.

10. Ziggy

Sorry? Why are you sorry? What you said was true. Truth is beauty, beauty is good, goodness is true. What you said may or may not be related to what I was thinking, but truth stands alone and isn't related to anything. That's what's so great about it. That's the point about random thoughts, the thought doesn't matter, but the truth does.

But hey I know everything exists within a context, everything is relevant to a certain viewpoint. You see most people on this forum share a certain viewpoint, have a common understanding, common definitions, but my viewpoint is my viewpoint alone, it's my world and not your world, and... erm... I guess this makes no sense either? Know the world in which you live, I think that's important, but hey it's just a thought, that's all it is.

11. Ziggy

To try and make sense of this...

a) There's been times when people close to me have attempted and I've not cared at all

b) There's been other times when my cat has killed a bird and I've cried for ages.

Is the person in (a) the same person in (b). Is the world (a) has lived in the same world as the world (b) lived in. You question who you are and what is your reality. It's not fixed, it changes. And I guess in many ways I've tried to make my world smaller, you stop caring about friends, family, pets, yourself, and eventually you create a world with nobody in it and you try to work out who you are in that world, but I think who you are and the world you live in should change, and does change, but trying to understand it is a bitch. What is important? On one day everything is important, and on another day nothing is important. What does that say about who I am?

This requires no reply, because the truth is, (which has already been mention), is that it isn't really that complicated. I'm just making it complicated, and I should simply cease to do so. I guess what makes it complicated is the world you live in, and maybe that's more important than knowing yourself, your opinions and your truth? In the end, I think this forum will be part of the world in which I lived, and that's a good thing, so thank you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.