Just another statistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMody

Hi. I am in India. In yesterday's newspaper, article mentioned about a 35 year old man commiting suicide by <mod edit - method>. He was suffering from Bipolar Disorder since last 13 years. He was undergoing treatment. Since last 15 days he had told his wife that he was going to end his wife. Apparently she didn't take him seriously. He must have been in terrible pain to take this extreme step. When I mentioned this to my neurotherapist, he was like...he is dead..hmm. That guy has a six year old daughter. For the police and other people he is just another statistic. So sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
It really is unfortunate that telling people you're suicidal is often not enough but then people are traumatized after the fact. About 17% of the worlds suicides occur in India alone which is a pretty high digit. I'm sorry this has affected you. *hug

I've edited your post as we can't have the suicide methods of the users here but also others (news, celebrities, etc). Thanks :)

GMody

It really is unfortunate that telling people you're suicidal is often not enough but then people are traumatized after the fact. About 17% of the worlds suicides occur in India alone which is a pretty high digit. I'm sorry this has affected you. *hug

I've edited your post as we can't have the suicide methods of the users here but also others (news, celebrities, etc). Thanks :)
OK.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Its awfully sad, you're nothing to those people that do not know you or ever cared to know you but to your loved ones you're not a statistic, you are their loved and cherished relative who they will never forget and get over their death. It is astounding that 17% of world suicides occur in India, I wonder why that is? Strange.

I do believe you can get better and that you won't become a statistic to those who find you/don't know you. Get out there, share your story, become the person that helps changing the statistic to a human being in terrible distress. Not enough is done to combat suicide or to deal with the aftermath.

The world needs more caring folks like the people here on SF. Its sad :( bless x

GMody

There are just 60,000 psychiatrists in India for a population of 1.3 billion people. That's way too low. This may be the reason for high suicide rates. Depression is such a terrible thing. Now it is the leading cause of death ahead of cancer and cardiac disease. For me I had a severe bout of depression in 2016. I have recovered in 2017. In India suicide rates for teenagers is very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00