just another suicide attempt, life of meaningless uncertainty

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by AimlessWanderer, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. life without purpose, some idea of evolution of awareness and that is something to learn... the purpose in life, generalizd perhaps. But even if a person comes to know why they exist what would that mean? might aswell die, rather than support this way of life that is denying my freedom of my own pursuit. Like a dead father, dead people are dead and that is it, ceasing to exist. I should die before I have a child to raise as nothing,for all that this is this nothing.
    The way to die, is to go beyond social intervention, for all that concious attachment does is devoid concious ability. Several means to a death make it possible, no failure to make. xxxx
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  3. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

I think you have to make your own purpose in life.
  4. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

I love philosophy and the study of religious beliefs and sociology and various other 'ologies' but sometimes we can go so deep into them that we end up in a big black hole of nothing. We just study ourselves into depression.
    You can't spend too long with these thoughts without evening them out with a bit of 'lightness'. You have to have the balance.
    I read trashy novels, watch trashy tv, action movies, all sorts of things to even it all out. When I'm getting too serious, my husband tells me to go and do 'pink fluffy girlie things' and suggests I talk to my friends about 'make up, ponies and boyfriends'. (I'm 46 so this is a joke between us)
    The truth is that no one knows if there's a meaning to life or not. My personal perspective is that there probably is we just don't know what it is. If you ask 'is there a meaning to flowers?' and looked into it all, you'd discover that actually there is. It's all part of the whole ecological thing and flowers are necessary in nature. So perhaps we are too, we just don't know why.
    Take some time watching comedies and things. Its a good coping mechanism. x
  5. definately, a balance is good and find purpose is key. laughing is good for stress and comedies are good for it. Your post is well appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.