just another

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jack722, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack722

Jack722 New Member

hello friends. recently joined and have lurked a little, typically not really in all too grand a frame of mind though. have had a rough year and consider harming myself more frequently. i often feel alone when i'm surrounded and people exhaust me rapidly. for some reason i feel more at ease releasing myself through a screen. i like learning/listening to people and being approached. hopefully my strange sense of pride won't keep me from talking about my problems; there are a lot of them.

i'm jack, nice to hear from any of you.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Jack and welcome...I do hope you can share with us what is going on with you and why you are considering harming yourself...I am sure many of us will relate to what you have to say...welcome again

3. Jack722

Jack722 New Member

thank you Sadeyes. i like your name

i'll probably need to man up and make another thread for that...whenever im in the mood to type a massive wall. but then it'll just pain people to read it...haha

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think you should do what feels most productive for you...and please think of yourself first and not worry what the reader will experience (of course in compliance to the guidelines-this is reflexive for me to say)...one cathartic thing about writing here is that there are ppl who relate and can bear witness to your story

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi Jack. Glad you are here. Lots of good people "lurk" before posting. totally understandable. The thing about this community, as sadeyes said, is that there are people who can relate to other peoples stories. I remember I used to feel uncomfortable saying things. Until I realized that it might help another person to speak their similar story. Or they can relate and do not feel as alone. No pressure. But when and if you want, please talk about whats going on. There are lots of places here to talk about things. But only in your timing. Only when and if you want. no rush. no worries. Just glad you are here and started this thread.

6. Vodnavila

Vodnavila Banned Member

Hi Jack :) I like to learn also and listen and being approached would be great if it there was nothing horrible about it, but people just don't do that to me. Please don't harm yourself, our mind and bodies don't deserve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.