just blowin off some steam

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by ZakPup, Jun 5, 2011.

1. ZakPup

ZakPup Well-Known Member

I'm sick of relationships that end up being games. Even people who pretend to want to be friends play me. They build it all up and seem to enjoy watching the pieces fall all around me and watch me crumble under it all. Guess it takes a while to heal but I just want it to end and actually get some serious friends or a relationship.

2. SmolderingIce

SmolderingIce Well-Known Member

How old are you? If I can ask..
    Real relationships take time.. Like, 5 years time. It can't be a crash course of getting to know someone in a month and hoping to always be there for each other.. Yeah, it helps the loneliness go away for a while.. But you'll meet new people. You'll find the people who are willing to care about you, and who you will care about just as strongly.

3. ZakPup

ZakPup Well-Known Member

I'm 22 years old and just got out of a 1 1/2 year relationship, which was abusive.

4. SmolderingIce

SmolderingIce Well-Known Member

If it was abusive I'm rather glad it's over.. Don't settle for that, you deserve so much more.
    Take control, don't let others walk all over you. Find people that really make you happy. They exist. Good luck to you.

5. oxygenidia

oxygenidia Well-Known Member

Yeah I know what you mean. Even my best friend who I considered to be a really good friend of mine ended up being a dissapointment, always making plans with me and then blowing me off, to the point that I don't feel like trying anymore. Why bother with people who doesn't appreciate you, right?

It's been like this for soo long. Everyone has stabbed me in the back in some way, my old best friend did me the very nice favour of sleeping with my then boyfriend, and while she was at it she told a lot of people some very personal things about me that I had told nobody but her. Talked behind my back a lot.

I have cut so many people out of my life at this point that I have only my parents left, and though I'm happy that I have them, they don't substitute for having friends of my own.
    I rather be alone than being with scumbags, but loneliness is hard, it really is.