Just call me rerun

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by greg42innc, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg42innc

greg42innc Member

I want to start off by saying to the certain individuals please don't message me about how to take my life. I came back here to try and reconnect with some folks that at least offer some encouragement when none on the home front is available.

It seems that my old nemesis is still dogging me and that no job and facing foreclosure. Not sure what to do about it and basically I just give up as I have no hope anymore and really cant go on anymore. How do you go on? How do you put a very traumatic horrible experience in your life behind you and go on and get it in the past and go on be successful. Life it just too hard it seems and yes we all have issues but good Lord after six long years does it get any better? Not sure what to say or what to do......part of me wants to live and part of me is realistic and knows that after six long yrs it aint getting better and the only hope I can have is a funeral on a clear day that isn't raining. Sorry for the rant but not really sure what else to say.....

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. First welcome back to sf. I want to suggest that if anyone has sent you messages about how to take your life, that you pass that information on to an administrator. Because this is absolutly not tolerated here. It is considered a very serious offense. If you feel uncomfortable doing that then you can also consider that if someone was doing that to you, they may be doing it to other people as well.

Having said that, I am so sorry things have been hard for 6 long years. I dont know if you can be more specific about whats going on. eg you talked about a very traumatic horrible expereince in your life. Sometimes talking about it can help people to know what to say or possibly suggest. But only if you feel comfortable talking about things, of course.

I can tell that you are an intelligent and thoughtful person. I wish I knew why some people go through those horrible expereinces that last for so long. I went through a long time myself when nothing worked out. It nearly did kill me. I lost myself in the process. But put the pieces back together eventually. It was from the time I was 25 until I was 31. There was abuse for years and I lost myself. And then nothing worked out. No matter what I did or tried. I can tell you from personal expereince that even after 6 years things can get better. I sank to the very lowest before things started to turn around. I hope you can find some hope in the words i say.

Sometimes I suggest to people that if they live in the US they can call 211 which is the united way. they have lists of all kinds of help. And I have called them in the past for help finding the right suppport etc. More than once actually. There are sometimes small agencies or groups that help people. United way may know about them. In my case, they did. I also hope you can get some good advice re how to get the support and help you need right now with whats going on. As I did when things were so desperate for me. Please keep posting. Use this community for support, if you feel comfortable.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I can only echo what's been said by Flowers. If anyone ever contacts you and tells you how to harm yourself, PLEASE contact me or another staff member and let us know. That definitely isn't allowed; we're here to offer support and help you want to live, not to cause you or anyone else any harm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.