Just can't post?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by confuzzle, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. confuzzle

confuzzle Well-Known Member

Now I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, so if its in a wrong place, then move it please? thanks! Onto the thread...

Ever get the feeling you just have nothing to say? Like I know I've been here less than a month, and hardly know anyone in good detail (those that I do, you all are fantastic). But I come to the forum a few times everyday, and hit up these kinds of places

Poets Corner
    and the Suicide subforums

I read what goes on in these places a good deal, but when it comes down to it...there isnt much to say. I just dont know what to do, it isnt that i care, I just dont know what i could possibly do to make things better.

So I dont post, and its starting to get at me. I dont want to be the kind of person to just post my threads and never reply to others, that seems kinda selfish, you know?

Probably reading too much into this, but does anyone else feel the same way? Can anyone shed any light on it?
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi there ..
    when i 1st come here i was kinda scared 2 reply in other ppls threads.. thinking i will say the wrong things .. wasnt sure what 2 say .. and jus overall thinking i wasnt good enough 2 say anything in reply..
    but i can see now that was jus me being paranoid and my depression ..
    a friend on here gave me some good advice .. and that was .. especially in the suicide/crisis part of the forum ANYthing is better than nothing ! :)
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey it is hard to know what to post because sometimes you feel your words are not meaningful. I like mandyj101 response in that any response is good just letting people know you hear them and care. Dont feel too bad many times if i am depressed i can't post just can't find words to say as too numb. take care
  4. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hey Confuzzle,

I feel like that a lot of the time. Sometimes it gets particularly hard in that I want to post advice and then after I've written it, I realize I don't even believe in my own advice and I delete the post. I suppose if I could see my posts versus mood statistics it would show that when I was feeling ok, I posted and when I was depressed I remained silent.

But I agree with mandyj in that sometimes, just expressing your empathy can be enough to make the person feel better, even if you don't have some advice to give.

I wouldn't worry about it anyway, as I'm sure as you get better and get to know the people on the forum a bit better, you'll begin to post more and more. It is always difficult in the beginning.

Take care!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.