Just Can't

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lanrhrip86, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanrhrip86

lanrhrip86 New Member

I'm a single mom. I've had thoughts of suicide for years but now it's all the time. When I'm driving all I can think about is <Mod Edit: Methods>. The main reason is the man I was with for 6 years, the love if my life, isn't with me anymore. He says we're taking a break and everything will be fine if I just relax and stop being depressed and thinking the worst of everything. But he's staying in a camper at a well-known party campground and hangs out terrible people and women. I don't think we'll ever get back together. I can't say anything to him without him getting mad and saying hurtful things. He's not the only reason I can't do it, though. I have horrible credit, i don't make much money, my car is about to die and i can't afford another one, I have no friends, I'm always crabby, i snap at my daughter all the time. I feel that someone else could take much better care of her. No one would be upset if i was gone and it would solve everyone's problems. The only reason i haven't is because my daughter's dad is useless and i don't want her to have to live with him. I'm at my wits end with life. There's just no point... Keep going just to be hurt over and over? No thank you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Maybe after a while apart you and your ex partner may feel that you can make a go of things again, but you need to be prepared for the fact that it might not work out. Relationship break ups are tough, sure, and you will have a lot of times where you feel like there is no point in carrying on, but in time the pain will lessen and you will begin to move on. You may even meet somebody else with time. Suicide is not going to solve anything and is most certainly not the answer. Your daughter will grow up without a mother and the pain of losing her mother to suicide will never lessen. It sounds like one of your biggest problems is that you are depressed which sounds like it may have been a cause of your relationship breakdown. Depression is a curable condition and it can be treated with meds, therapy or a mix of both. I suggest going to see a doctor as your first step of getting your life back on track.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Time to concentrate on YOU now ok YOU go get some supports in place to help you with your depression and self esteem really. You do not need him if he does not want to be there
    YOu need someone that will stay by you in sickness as well as health and your daughter deserves to have someone too that will not walk away. You need to concentrate only on YOU now and your daughter and let him be. In time perhaps you can get couples counseling but get your mental health looked after NOW.
  4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

just think about your kids. they would really miss you if you left them. forget the man. guys come and go. we've all been dumped.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hun, you sound like a great mom, putting her needs before yours. Depression is treatable, I'd see your doctor if I were you, do you have a history of feeling depressed or has this come on all of a sudden? We are here for you too! :hug:
  6. lanrhrip86

lanrhrip86 New Member

Been dealing with feeling this way for 15 years. Counseling and meds haven't helped
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.