just complaining

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by randomperson, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomperson

randomperson Member

so.. basically for the past month i have been sad/depressed, where it just constantly bothers me through the day. and a little less than a week ago things got better. but now things just get worse. i just want to ask like.. is it that one does what they can to escape that depressed feeling and find happiness. im doing that but this happiness im getting is just going to turn on me every now and then. im being vague and i cant really describe things that well. but i notice im changing.. i think in how much i care about things. im getting really upset now, and yeah. i always hope for the better.

do you guys think that one can keep their emotions inside. like never talk about whats bothering them. i try to do that but it bottles up and i end up coming here to just talk.
  2. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I think you have already answered your question.
    No, you cant keep it inside your whole life. It must come out one day...
  3. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I can't speak for others, but every once in a while, in the middle of my depression, I'm surprised by a ray of sunshine. I try to focus on those times and enjoy them as much as I can. Yesterday, for the most part, was one of those surprise days.

I'm, sadly, an expert at keeping things inside. Some things I had kept hidden from the world since I was a teenager, and there came a point three years ago that if I didn't talk with someone about all that stuff, I would die. My second thought was that I'd rather die than talk about it, but I'm mostly glad I let things out that had poisoned me for way too long. It's great to have places like this to be honest. I'm very fortunate to have a therapist who has heard things I've never told anyone and still welcomes me back the next week.

You're doing some things right. You're putting some of your feelings into words, and you're speaking those words to an understanding audience. Great way to start, and this is a great place to start.

4. randomperson

randomperson Member

hey guys. so right now im greatly conflicted with my whole issue. new surprises pop out and smack me in the face. i think i know the right thing to do is just move on.. and forget about my ex. as much as i want to stay together or just stay good friends, i know that cant happen. i truly believe if i make the move and just leave her life for good then she can just be more happy. but honestly i dont want to take that step, i just want to try and make it work. i think its the easier way, maybe. but i dont know. to be honest i think peoples suggestions of what to do here will do little to convince me which step to take. but im really emotionally unstable and i just come here to rant lol. so yeah, thanks for reading.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.