Just curious...I have a question? Anxiety/paranoia

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm wondering what is the difference between anxiety and paranoia? At what point does one turn into the other if it does. I have asked it in chat recently but the folks there didn't know and suggested I make this thread as it would be interesting.

...thoughts anyone? Difference between anxiety and paranoia?

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Anxiety is a feeling of unease which can be manifested as worry or fear which can be mild, moderate or severe.

Paranoia is more like having the perception that you are under some form of threat even though there is no or little evidence that you actually are, or having exxagerated suspicions.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
I always thought the difference was that paranoia was irrational and anxiety wasn't. I may be totally off the mark, though.
So I’ve been dealing with both, and that’s pretty much where I draw the line between the two. Anxiety is worrying excessively that you came across as awkward when you were interacting with someone. Paranoia is when you convince yourself that they went home and told everyone they know about the utter freak they had to deal with, complete with a detailed physical description, and now everywhere you go people you haven’t even met are watching and judging you.

mpk

I feel anxiety is the constant worrying about things that may or may not happen. I worry that I will be homeless yet at this point in time it won't happen as we still have income to meet the basic needs. I worry about my health at 58 constantly even though I just had blood done and it is normal yet I ache all the time and have a headache all the time. Anxiety is what is causing it. I worry about my wife who is disabled constantly which makes me sick. Anxiety is a bad disease and couple it with depression it is deadly. I am just trying to keep an even keel.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00