Just curious :P

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by justMe7, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

I looked on whose online section, and I noticed there's a epidemic of people registering. Like 50+! :D

Anyhow, are the bots attempting to register now or something? Ive never see that before in the past

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Bots are not registering (well maybe a few are spam bots but we can usually get rid of them in the registration process). They are the search engine bots that Google, Bing, Internet Explorer and every other search engine out there (lots and lot of them) use to go patrolling the internet to find websites to use in in their search result pages and are running around every site on the internet all the time.

3. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Nah im not confusing them with the scan bots, there was like 50 an hour ago attempting to register. Generally they don't get past the captchas, but Ive never seen so many attempts on a forum before. (unless they were real people :O)

anyhow, it's no deal :) Just something I observed :D

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I've noticed the same thing over about the past year. All I can guess is that they get halted in the registration process by the Captcha questions. Or most of them, anyway; if they do get past, those of us who activate accounts do our best to make sure they get no further.

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

100.43.91.14 Yandex (bot web browser)
    66.249.65.196 (Google bot)
    104.222.132.122 Virtuzo (web consultancy company?? likely spam of some type just guessing)
    104.166.98.57 Micfo, LLC. (Recently reported forum spam source)
    62.210.82.105 SAS /Ilead (Recently reported forum spam source)

Just for your curiosity- those are first 5 "registering" right now that are labeled as "guest" and not labeled as google/baidu spiders...

The spam ones usually get turned back by the questions so only have to manually delete a couple a day usually, i have no idea the difference between Google Spider on label and google bot listed as guest but is google bot if do an IP inquiry. Lots of the smaller browsers do not name their spiders bots at all or our system does not recognize/decode them

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sometimes on the ''whos online list'' it says 2 members online when I am the only one or 8 when there is 7, I was going to bring it up out of curiosity but didn't wanna trouble anyone. I often see that in the middle of the night.

7. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

Internet Explorer is not a search engine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.