just diagnosed...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by mmm28, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmm28

mmm28 Member

like the subject says, i was just diagnosed with depression today. knew i was sad for the past 3 years, but it didn't fully hit me until right now. i kind of feel relieved that i don't have to feel like everything's my fault anymore and maybe i will improve eventually. for people who have been diagnosed, how did it feel to you? did it change you at all?

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

It's really good to know that you aren't wholly responsible for your low self worth. It helps to just keep reminding yourself that you are being assailed by a foreign disease that is like a cancer- and it drains your strength.

It's not your fault. And that's a great comfort.

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I fought with my diagnosis for a while, tried to make them see that I wasn't depressed but I was just 'me'.

Looking back, I just didn't want to be labelled & I'm glad they took the time to get me to realise that.

4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

at first i hated it and made me hate myself even more because i didnt want to be pigeon-holed with something i just thought was me being me. but then reading up on it i gradually came to terms with it and became glad that someone recognised it in me and would know how to handle me professionally and that i wasnt going to be ignored

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.