Just dont do it!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cfinklestien, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfinklestien

cfinklestien New Member

My neice committed suicide and my entire family is torn apart. Think about not only yourself but others when making that decision. She was a great person but was mixed up with the wrong people. My mission for my future is to better educate others on suicide prevention. There are other ways to handle your anger, frustration, and feelings. It will get better.

In memory of the angel Erin Pondo

2. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

I grieve for your loss. Suicide always hurts someone living no matter how detached a person is from the world. That's preety much all that keeps me going this days.

Be strong my friend, if you need to talk, there's a forum just for that in this site. I hope you and your family can recover as fast as possible.

3. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.

4. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I lost family trough suicide too and I dont blame her, its not selfish, its just all the pain you carry weighing out what you can handle. Nobody should go trough that much pain.

Thats why you seek help, it would be great if we were there for her, we werent. Thats why you have to be open to talk about anything to people so they can open up and seek help and support from family directly.

RIP.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

So sorry for your loss. :hug:

6. Righteous

Righteous Well-Known Member

I know its easy to say "just don't do it" but some people have pain they can't bear. Me personally, I would only commit suicide over financial reasons, I can deal with drama from family and friends. I would say as long as the suicidal reason isn't over money, it can be overcome. But then again I can only speak for myself and not the next person

7. Zola

Zola Antiquities Friend

I'm interested in your assertion that money problems cannot be fixed. I'll bet you that at least 75% of people on this website disagree with your conclusions and will say that the percentage may well be higher. Most people here, I think, would class financial reasons as the worst reasons for killing yourself.

Personally, I happen to agree with you as far as financial reasons are concerned. But wouldn't you concur that most people killing themselves for financial reasons are what this site terms 'antiquities.' In my thinking, young folks, in the majority on this site, don't yet really have an adult's perception of money, the need for it, how it is gotten, and the consequences of losing it or just not having it.

Look forward to more, but it should be a thread by itself.

Zola

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
  8. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

money should be the last reason to ever kill yourself

unless of course you had some health problems and couldn't take care of yourself and faced the prospect of living on the streets and begging for food

but there are social support systems to help people in that situation

at least there should be

of course with the republicans looking to cut social services every chance they can with their war on the lower classes

9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm so sorry for your loss and that it has brought such pain into your life. And no matter how I word this it is going to come out harsh so here goes.... but that young girl was ravaged with pain that you and even I as another person with thoughts and urges of suicide will never understand. She wasnt even thinking of herself at that point. She couldnt let alone the people that she would be leaving behind. All she could think about was the pain. The pain that brings a person to suicide is so great it consumes you. The depression, loneliness and darkness swallows you up. You cant see, here or comprehend things getting better, tomorrow being another day, that if you try harder and harder you will turn things around. For suicidal people, the ones on the brink, there is nothing else. For some of us, that have spent years trying to only have things come full circle, it WONT get better. Empty promises cant change peoples' ways of thinking. Until you have been in a suicidal persons shoes, dont try and convince them things will get better. Show them real proof!!! Suicide prevention begins with one person truly being there to support and show the suicidal person that they arent alone.

I truly am sorry for your loss. I dont mean this post to offend you or try and minamize your pain. But so many come here and think that words can make a difference. But to those drowning in depression and suicidal thoughts, those words have all been said before. The action to prevent those suicides has to take place way before the act is committed. Way before the thoughts have the chance to take hold in even the smallest corner of a person's mind. And the support has to be continued long after the thoughts have passed. I applaud your will to want to educate others about suicide prevention. But even after the "prevention" has taken place, the support has to be unconditional. To all those left behind, just remember that the pain you are feeling now is just as unbearable as the pain it took to force a person to take their own life. Suicide "usually" is not aimed to hurt those left behind but rather an attempt to end the hurt of the one that has left.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
  10. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

hmmmm,

very intresting. first my condolences for your loss.

for me, suicide was on my mind in 7th grade due to family issues and abuse.
    then it was money.

almost everything can be solved or made bearable.

what alot of ppl dont understand is ... those that COMMIT suicide actually reach a level where nothing matters. its a done deal. they may have it planned on a certain day and before that day, the person is usually in a uforic state. its a state of acceptance. the mindset they have is that of nothing else matters, nothing will change my mind. those like myself that happen to snap one day and grab a gun or something else and succede .. they have reached a level that is out of control. the idea of suicide has been there and something just enough happens to make you snap.
    that happend to me that monday afternoon. the ONLY reason im stil here is ,,,, i didt have enough sleeping pills at the time. funny thing is I KNEW IT. i still went through it because i didnt care. the anger of the moment and everything else had come to a head. i fought it for almost an hour. but, ultimitly the mindset i had controlled me. i even tried calling a help center. i dont remember what happned lol. but i then called 911 cause i knew i wasnt gunna die that nite.

but it was gunna get me out of the house .. and it did.
    even the dr said he was suprised i didnt have a sezuire. at that time i wouldnt have cared.

for me suicide passed through my mind for many years. the last 4 years it got worse. it becomes an out. we get tired of fighting. we become unable to seek help because its to much effort or we cant afford it.

its a mindset that no one should have to go through. in todays world, the younger folks are more in tune to suicide. peer pressure, relationships.

im sorry , i kinda took away from the orginal post. sorry about that.
    my prayers so you can deal with the losss.

odiecom

11. elpepo

elpepo Active Member

It's sad, but think about what you said "There are other ways to handle your anger, frustration". In other words "She was so selfish for killing herself, she should have stayed alive FOR US and deal with her problems herself". I'm sure that's not what you meant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.