Just fell out with my best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarulesmenow

Sorry this isn't much but it is to me.
We were best friends but she always seems to pick fights and arguments with me. There was no reason for her having a go, like usual. I have depression, an eating disorder, anxiety and have tried to commit suicide a few times. I actually care about pretty much everybody much more than myself. Why the hell would I try to commit suicide if I was liked myself?

Today she started saying stuff like"You don't have feelings or care for anyone about yourself(which isn't true), you're just a stupid alcholic who isn't worth being here. Why don't you go cut yourself you self absorbed bitch.You're so messed up,you're not normal you don't deserve to be here."Then she kept saying that sorta nasty shit.
So I said something like" What the hell do you know you don't know me"
So then she starts saying"Yeah well at least I'm not fucked up in the head,at least I havn't tried to kill myself several times" in front of loads of people at school who didn't know about that.She's always saying stuff like"Everybody hates you etc etc", belittling me and reducing my already low confidence.
So I said"At least I have a dad".Her dad left when she was really little.

So then she stormed off and was apparently crying all through school because of me. I'm not saying that I am not sorry for upsetting her but everytthing she said to me was really horrible and she's always saying shit, but not that bad. I didn't go off crying and I am going to seem like the bad guy now but I really don't think it's all my fault and she bloody started it like usual.Yet again she's told everyone it's all my fault.
I'm sorry but I am not going to tolerate her anymore saying shit about me anymore and I was just responding, otherwise I would have been ridiculed and I hate the shit she says, it really hurts. I have been very close to suicide again, before she said that stuff and now she's got a load of my other friends on her side.
I just don't know where I stand in this anymore.

Mikeintx

I am glad you stood up for yourself, people like that serve no purpose in life other than bringing you down :hug: You are donig the right thing by cutting ties with her, you deserve much better :)

J

jacknife

We're always looking for people to play the "bad guy" and "good guy" roles. If her friend had come on the forum and posted her side of the story, you'd probably be telling her friend the same thing.

Remove her from your life, and then find something else to focus on. i prefer bodybuildiing, given time anyone can be successful at this, with good tehcnique. in over a year i have transformed myself. im more confident, disciplined and focused. and i look better.:wink:

Also, somewhere else here i read about an emergency box, which is helpful.

When you feel too low to get up go to the box. Whatever cheers you up put it in that box. Chocolate helps.

i know what its like to lose a friend you loved.

Well done for standing up for yourself.

I dont want to raise false hope but did this hostility rise from a fear of losing you do you think? or is she just a b*tch?

crookxshanks

i had a friend just like her who was my best friend. you couldnt find anyone more selfish than her so when i was depressed or suicidal she was always like 'but my problems are so much worse than yours' when they were so small it was unbelievable

anyway to cut a long story short i cut ties with her and its probably been the best thing that i ever did because i feel so free without her. and i think thats what you need to do because, just like my friend was, your friend could be a cause of the reason why you are so depressed. i cant deny that it wont hurt at first but without her your self-esteem will probably rise that bit more as she wont be around to knock your confidence

and as the others have said, well done for standing up to yourself x

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
I agree, stick to your guns. You did the right thing sticking up for yourself. Cut the ties and write her off to experience. As far as the friends who went with her, let them go also. You don't need that kind of head games in your life. ~Joseph~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00