Just found suicide forum

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by anonymous524, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous524

anonymous524 New Member

I found this website a half hour ago, and already my feelings about it are confused. It seems that many people enjoy finding someone who understands how they feel. Obviously many of us are lonely and feel intensely isolated so this makes sense.

However, personally I don't relate to that. I doesn't surprise me that others are depressed. I don't pretend that no one can ever understand how I feel. In fact, reading through postings and hearing others say how depressed and suicidal they are doesn't make me feel any better, especially when you read how they've been feeling this way for years.

A large part of me doesn't even care how I feel. I care what I DO. What I do or do not accomplish.

I am extremely suicidal not because of how I feel. I am suicidal because of my failures in life. I am close to killing myself--and let me be clear, I do not mean a "suicide attempt". I have never done one of those and I never will. I've researched and found a way that is 98% effective in getting the job done right.

But obviously I am confused. If I was so certain that suicide was the right decision, why would I be here? Obviously, part of me does not want to do this.

So if someone has the time, intelligence, and caring, please message me.
  2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

My own shortcomings have cast so much doubt on my future that I am almost unwilling to give myself a chance at all. I know it sounds zany to have somehow come to the conclusion that I will never be happy when I characterize my own life as "uncertain"; I think that is a product of pessimism.

Welcome to the forum
  3. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

hello and a warm welcome to sf
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum :hug:

I hope you find the help and support you need here :hug:
  5. anonymous524

anonymous524 New Member

thanks daisy.

I hope so too
  6. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

Your joining on this site is a accomplishment in itself. You have accomplished more then you think.

I hope you can find what you are looking for here.
  7. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome x
  8. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

Welcome to the forum.
    If you need any support or advice, please PM me
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I am sure you will find at least a few answers here and maybe along with that reasonable doubt. Please try not to give in to those yearnings. Take care and stay safe. :hug:
  10. Stucky

Stucky Member

Yup, welcome to this forum. Don't worry, we'll see if we can do something. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.