Just got a Kitten!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Earn, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Yep I just got a kitten.She's grey with blue eyes.So I've decided on the name "Blue" sorry "Ash" didn't get enough votes.

She's so fluffy we had a hard time finding out which sex she was.She attacks everything she sees.It's so cute!:biggrin:

My last cat I got when I was 4 and had her till I was 18.But I don't remember how we box trained her or anything else about the kitten phase.

So any tips or help on raising a kitten like: Kitty proofing a home,Litter box training,What kind of food should I give her,or anything will help me.

Thanx and don't forget to give blue a hug :)
  2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

:hug: x 10,000,000 for blue! I love cats :biggrin:

A good thing to do when house training is to keep her in one room or the least amount of rooms you can. That way you can keep an eye on her all the time and you won't discover any 'presents' around your house :tongue:
  3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Make sure she has a scratching post, toys, etc. For food, I'd do dry food, not canned, canned is more expensive, and most of the cats I've ever encountered don't like it. Make sure she has water, obviously. :yes: I don't remember how we litter trained our cats, sorry, but I'm sure someone here knows how to do it. Anddd, yay, Blue! :hug: For Miss Blue.(I'll still call her Ashes in my head. :bleh:)
  4. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Ive got her a little litter box and so far she likes the canned food.im gunna get her a scratching post some time this week.Ive read a couple places that you place them in there box a couple times a day and rub there paws in the sand.so thats what im gunna try.If only theres a way to stop them from attacking my toes.
  5. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Whenever you buy a scratch post the only thing they dont claw to hell is the bloody scratch post :laugh: It would be a good idea to have a special area in the house to close them in during the night so you know theres no chance of them going for the wallpaper or knocking things over till they grow up a bit.
  6. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

For food, I'd look into a raw/natural diet and if that won't work for you I'd look into a good dry kibble. I like Innova Evo. :)
  7. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Well first night went well.She woke me up earlyer than i normally do.Ive been giving her some organic wet food.She seems to like it so far.latly shes been using my toes as a scratching post.
  8. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

when i got a kitten she used to play the game where she attacks the moving feet from over the covers in the bed, she'd just leap from here to there.

kittens can really exhaust you.

:hug:s to blue i hope she doesn't get ill. my cat was very sick for the first half of the year

as for toe attacking, if you wanted you could put lemon juice on them, and look at her face when she approaches your toes :laugh: :laugh: she won't come near them.

put catnip on the scratching post so she goes there, everytime she tries to scratch your toes pick her up and put her on the scratching post

most kittens over the age of 8 weeks are already litter trained by their mothers. from what i can remember. how old is she?
  9. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Ooooo... kitty! Piccys?!

10. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Ive been shooing her off and shes been getting the message.Shes healthy from what ive seen so far.

She isnt litter trained yet so im trying to train her and she about 7 weeks old.I havent got a scratching post yet.I might make one.and that should be fun.
  11. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

Aaaw Earn that's adorable :)

Kittens are so mischievous when they first go into a new house, when one of my cats was a baby, she could fit into my sister's barbie car lol...
  12. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

13. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

Earn, could you post us some pics? :smile:
  14. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Thanx Pixie that was pretty good.

Sadly though im not up to date on this technology and i dont have a camera yet.but as soon as i do get one i shall put so many pics up they will ban my posting (ok maybe not that many but alot)
  15. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Well an update on my kitten.ive had her for a little over 2weeks and shes goten a little bit bigger.and now her eyes are not blue any more so were not sure if we should keep her name blue or switch to ashes haha.she doesnt respond to her name now as it is.and she doesnt have a meow or a mew like cats normaly have. she will give out a loud mew once in a while or when ever she is stuck.she normaly just opens her mouth to try to meow and near the end of her breath she goes ehh.its so cute.she's learning though her messes are only once every couple days i think they happen when the bathroom door is closed when we use it.

But yeah just had to give an update.she's healthy and still cute as ever.and she loves to attack everything even your hand i have the scratches to prove it.
  16. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

:biggrin: glad to hear she's doing well.

my kitten she used to be like a demanding sheep she used to actually go BAAA for her food!

I'll look out for any pictures once you do have a camera.
  17. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Yall asked for pictures and i shall deliver

More to come.i just wanted to see howd they show up on here
  18. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

I wanna hug it :hug: *takes kitty and squeezes*

Makes me miss my kitten. I live in a dorm at college and we cant have pets and I barely ever go home so I never get to see my little tilda :(
  19. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

earn,your kitten is on crack.

and i hope you know that my kitty is cuter than yours!

20. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Please beauty my Ashes does not look like shes on crack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.