Just got accepted for SSI

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Brandon, May 21, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

Umm I just received a call that I was accepted for ssi (Supplemental Security Income). This is the first good news I've heard in a year. Things are finally starting to look up for me. With this, I can actually have hope for the future. Thanks to everyone who have helped me along the way, telling me that things will get better. For once, I see, that things actually do change, sometimes for the better. I'll be getting almost 4000 bucks in the mail within the next two months, so I guess now is as good as any time to celebrate. :party:
  2. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Chat Buddy

Thats awesome brandon, good for you :)
  3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Awesome possum! XD
  4. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

:stars: yay! thats awesome! :D
  5. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Congratulations for your spark of * hope * What is the first thing you want to do for yourself?

I'm awaiting for my long term disability to come to determination....my employer let me go while I was hospitalized just days after my suicide attempt...
  6. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

if i may ask, why did your employer let you go? i had a similar situation where i tried to commit suicide at work and they wouldn't let me have my job back. i was on some harsh medication.
  7. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

They kept saying it was hardship on the department even though there is enough people to cover my duties. Technically, while hospitalized, I am considered disabled. Most employers don't view "Mental Illnesses" as legit conditions and discriminate quite often. According to some lawyers, I have protection under ADA.

You may want to consult as well,,,,,they can't just "let you go" when you have a disability,,,,
  8. pammy

pammy Banned Member

I am well pleased for you Brandon and dont ever be afraid to talk things over with me ok.
  9. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: thats great hun