Just got kicked off bipolar hope forum, now I feel terrible.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Talia862, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talia862

Talia862 Well-Known Member

I just got deleted at a bipolar support forum. I googled it because I wanted to find support. I joined but then read the tos. It said you are not allowed to mention suicide in any way. So I posted, and I asked, how is this forum supposed to help people? Isn't being suicidal a huge part of being bipolar? I mean, I can understand how you dont' want people posting saying they are going to do it or talking about metods, but for me, 99% of what i struggle with is suicide. do the moderators know anything ABOUT bipolar, do they think its the latest dance craze or something (ok maybe I shouldn't have said that bit of it)

Anyway, they deleted and blocked me. No compassion, no trying to explain, no personal message, just deleted. I am so upset by this.

Now I want to die even more. And I really, really want to die. I want to do it right now. I really do. I am in so much pain
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Hey, its a rule that everyone has to follow. Yes I think its silly as being bipolar includes the sucidical feelings but I think the forum viewpoint is it might be too triggering for their members. Not everyone that is bipolar is sucidial though I can't even spell it right.

I understand your pain and being rejected/blocked like this when youre really wanting the help is traumatic itself and doesnt help drive your feelings to the edge. It's a good thing that youre venting. Take it one moment at a time for the time being until you can build it up to one hour at a time then a day at a time.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sorry you are feeling so bad You can talk here about how you are feeling we won't judge you ok i too was banned from a forum so i know that sting Here everyone cares they do so i hope you continue to reach out here ok
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

There are so many support forums out their for various things that do not allow talk of suicide. I think 1. they may think its too triggering for members and 2. Too much hard work for the moderators.
    I do know as fact though that because of this way other forums operate that here (sf) was a main reason for opening this forum. So tbh I wouldn't care about that forum although I know it must be hurtful they could have at least left a message or e-mail, anything...just know you have us! :hug:
  5. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Talia, I'm sorry that you feel rejected but I feel that this forum makes up for that 10 times over, who wants to be where they don't respect you or your feelings. People that treat others that way.......well who needs them.

Talia, I have to tell you, that post you made yesterday had an effect on me that I can't really describe now, but seeing how much you were considering your friends first before yourself... well I felt different somehow. I have met and greeted a few in here but your concern is a telling sign for you. I mean the you inside. The world is such a brighter place with people like you, I know this may even be difficult for you to hear, but it is true. The World is not easy right now and one more like you I know will have an effect. I know that you are really down a lot but please. reach out for anything or anyone that you love and respect and ask them if what I say isn't true. Your friends I know will. I am not asking you to forget your feelings but like I asked you yesterday put yorself in their place and see what answer you get.
  6. Talia862

Talia862 Well-Known Member

That made me cry, I was so moved. Thank you. I will keep posting on here and keep fighting
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.