Just got out of psychiatric ward

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by carter001, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carter001

carter001 Active Member

So I tried overdosing again,last week.I hate my life,I hate being alone with no one to talk to about my problems.My counselor is disappointed in me because he felt we were making progress.I just want to go asleep and never wake up.I just want the nightmare to end.

2. did the dr prescribe any meds for you..? I am sooo sorry to hear that your admission in hospital didn't work well for you.. :hug:

3. ali 56

ali 56 Well-Known Member

I too can relate but posting here helps as people understand what you are going through so take that to heart and I hope it helps. Kind regards Ali

4. carter001

carter001 Active Member

Thanks everyone,it's nice to know there are people out there going through the same stuff I'm going through

The doctor(psychiatrist)said from now on that I have to take medication everyday under supervision by the nurses because in the past I was gathering them,I gathered over a months supply,and took them all at the one go.I took 50 anti depressants in one go and had to be stomach pumped.

I just don't have the courage to hang myself or cut my wrists because I'm afraid I'll survive and live in even more misery.I talked to my family and they are all worried about me obviously but they don't understand the pain I go through.

I wish I hadn't been born,I'm a burden on my parents and siblings.I put them through hell with my actions.I need a hobby or something to take my mind off these negative thoughts.

5. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

Well, it's good you feel that way, because in all probability you would fail, and you'll feel the pain from either method for weeks, at least.

I know what it's like for someone to express their disappointment that they thought you were getting better, when all of a sudden you're in a hospital. I do it to my father all the time. My first attempt at 17 left him bewildered, because I was hiding all my signs of depression and acted okay.

6. If you want a hobby and at the same time allow you to see your own achievement, try completing a marathon today.. It is a very good way to fight depression and suicidal thoughts..

7. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

I'm with marathon-addict. Im a competitive runner & rower, & endurance sports are a great way to not only set & accomplish personal goals, but they also are like a form of therapy. It really brings on a peaceful & motivating mind set. You start off running shorter distances & you challenge & push yourself a little bit further everytime. When you make that extra 500 meters or extra mile, it's the most amazing feeling because it's you who got yourself there =) (and keep in mind you dont have to be in it competitively!)

8. carter001

carter001 Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.I joined a local gym yesterday,this includes access to the swimming pool,all for 400 euros.I might start running and see how I get on.I'm very overweight so I do need to lose a few stone.

Those suicidal thoughts aren't as bad as they were last week.Maybe I can push myself more and I'll feel better.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.