Just got out

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Null, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Null

Null Well-Known Member

I just got out of the institution. I feel so bad for what I put my fiance through. I feel bad for missing work. My job is the only good thing in my life and I ditched it. I really feel bad about the whole situation. Also I don't have insurance now I have some large medical bills looming over me now.

Anyone else have advice for how to cope with it?
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You got help and that's good...you shouldn't feel bad about things that are beyond your control. Maybe you can make some kind of payment plan to work out the bill situation? I hope things work out for the best for you.
  3. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Do you still have your job and your fiance? If so, you can take comfort in knowing that they were understanding enough to not hold it against you. As for the medical bills, I've heard from several people that, in the U.S. at least, hospitals will not report you to collections as long as you consistently make some kind of payment, whatever you can afford. There are a lot of people in the U.S. with medical debt, it's one of the leading causes for bankruptcy, so you are far from alone. I've known several people who owe tens of thousands in medical bills or who have declared bankruptcy because of their medical debt, and they are all currently living relatively normal lives. They're not broke, and they're still able to get loans and credit. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Like Christy (Witty Sarcasm) said, see if you can work out some kind of payment plan with them so that you don't have to worry about bankruptcy. It might be a good idea to look into getting some insurance too, if you can afford it. Though I realize insurance is extremely expensive and not everyone can afford it. Just something to look into to see if it might be worth it.
  4. HollowRhythms

HollowRhythms Well-Known Member

Hi Anthony! How are you? I am not in the head space to be giving anyone advice or try and help. . . but message me any time! I hope things start looking up soon. . I wish i knew what to say right now, but couldn't' not leave you a message when i saw your post.. :hug: talk sooon i hope!
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It is so overwhelming to be at that stage, so please take one small step at a time, and know they will add up to some resolution. If you do not have insurance, please speak to someone to get entitlements so you can get care and follow up...also, see what you can do to delay or reduce the medical bills...they are always so inflated and any institution will take considerably less than they charge...start with a work plan...structure and accomplishment is so important...it grounds us so we do not have to worry all the time about the big picture...and continue to get support...it is so good that you got the care you needed...keep moving and you will make it
  6. Null

Null Well-Known Member

Just FYI I do have insurance but it doesnt cover mental health stuff. No psychiatrist, no meds, no hospital care (dealing with mental issues). We do get our choice at work between two health plans and neither does mental health. It's just to expensive to get better. I went and priced these new RX's, looking at 150 out of pocket for a 7 day supply for only one of them. It doesn't seem possible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.