just got to say a big fuck you to life

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Asylum Project, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asylum Project

Asylum Project Well-Known Member

Found out I'm bipolar 1, and the doctors wont give me xanax, but they got me on lithium, seroquel, and klonapin. idk life sucks

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope these meds help you give them a chance okay. take one day time hang in there and continue to talk here for support.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree with Mary :) Give the meds a chance, see how it goes. Then report it back to your doctor, good luck :)

4. versin

versin Member

Stay away from xanax and give those meds a try. I'm addicted to xanax and struggling to kick my addiction. It's very difficult and dangerous.

5. BlondRedHead

BlondRedHead Well-Known Member

Give the meds a try (takes about a month total for them to really work) but if they're not working or something is off let them know ASAP so they can adjust them. Everyones body is different so let them know and you will find the right mix/strengths/etc and it will probably help. Xanax is meant for panic attacks/anxiety. Hopefully now, you will be fine... or at least better :)

6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about lithium and seroquel working wonders Sunday, see how you go with them okay?

7. leem

leem New Member

to be fair, lithium is known for better results/relief than xanax

stick with it

8. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Xanax is an highly addictive, short term anxiety-relieving medicine. It won't do anything to prevent/treat your ups and downs. That's what lithium do instead. Lithium is an mood stabilizer that work for bipolar in the long term. Xanax is not for the long term at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.