Just had a good cry.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Mortal Moon, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

And boy howdy, for curing a bad mood, nothing beats it.

I was EXTREMELY pissed off about nothing in particular, and was this close to posting a very angry and vitriolic message, the nature of which would almost certainly have gotten me banned. That's right, a forum suicide on the Suicide Forum. But I held off, and instead, I turned off all the lights, locked my door, ran to my bed, and cried like a little girl.

While I'm not feeling entirely better, at least I can see straight and I no longer feel like making an enemy of this forum out of sheer spite. There's definitely a therapeutic effect to crying. But a couple of things worry me: first, that I was feeling impulsive enough to consider writing such a message in the first place. I've always had a fairly level head for those kinds of things, and I've never come this close to just completely losing it before. And second, that was more crying all at once than I've done in years. It was audible. I had to bury my face in my pillow to avoid waking up the whole house.

I've been gently crying almost nightly for the last year or so, but never like this. I'm afraid it's getting worse. I'm losing control, and losing hope by the day.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sometimes that is what needed a real heart felt cry it is these cries that release the deeper pain . Glad you can post about it and maybe feel better after it. take care
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Sometimes we need to cry. Not just quiet crying, but REALLY crying, letting everything out. And it's weird; I've had that happen to me, and it hits you all of a sudden, out of nowhere. One minute you're feeling something else, like anger. And the next minute you can't stop crying.
  4. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's amazing how easily my rage was channeled into tears and noise. Maybe anger isn't what I was feeling at all; it may just have been an excess of stress and anxiety, which I initially wanted to relieve by lashing out at people and breaking things. Thank goodness I managed to deal with it in a more passive fashion.

Well, actually, I did hurt my hand pretty bad by punching the wall. That was kinda dumb. But I think it helped a little.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.