Just had dissociative event

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jimk, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

About an hour ago was in the here and now doing ok.. Not a clue what I did after that.. Do member the in between moments coming out and halfway between.. Things such as using puter or my tv and accessories were totally beyond me..

Been dissociating for about 60 years now.. Think I would be used to this.. Well I ain't and find this very damn troubling.. Spent most of my childhood checked out.. Had to do this to survive.. Now sometimes go a month without doing this... Just about the time I get to thinking these events may be over and done forever it happens again..

Bloody hate this..just got off te phone with hmo's consulting nuse.. She talked me back to earth..got a piece of paper for these times.. Numer of nurses, my member number and my name..

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Dissociating can be very scary and it is difficult to get used to. I can often be home one minute then be somewhere 3 hours later and think how on earth did I get here? Have also found myself wandering through heavy traffic, very scary. It's good that you spoke to the nurses to help you afterwards. Hope you feel better soon :hug:

3. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

I dissociate too and have all my life. Have you tried journaling to see what comes out? It's a fast way to the subconscious to see what's there. If you have alters too they can come out on paper. A therapist can integrate you. Just a thought. Worked for me.

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Jimk, I'm sorry you've had some of that happening. It's the darnedest weird feeling!

I get brief moments of "derealization" where things are like a dream and the sense of time is all wrong. It usually happens to me if I'm already really stressed about things and I'm trying to avoid thinking about them. I also tend to sleep walk if I'm stressed, and I cook in my sleep (I find the dirty kitchen in the morning and have no memory or scant memory of cooking something). I find the sleep walking episodes the scariest because I really do lose time and what I did when I sleep walk.

PS: And I wonder why I'm single? lol!

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

lexi , red ribbons and acy sorry you also do dissociation.. my misery does not want company with this.. do not want to be a martyr alone but wish this condition on no one.. been hours since dissociated and few minutes ago finally got to writing the $13 check to the innsurance cojmpany and in the mailbox now.. all sorts of thoughts , worries and crud been going thru my head.. those are better than the total incompancy, disorientation and confusion while fighting back to reality are..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.