Just Hi for now

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by islandification, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. islandification

islandification Well-Known Member

Started to tell my life story, but maybe later. For now say single male, late 50s, whose world is shrinking fast. Business failed in recession, still making some money, but have almost no personal interactions anymore. 10-20 years ago had circle of friends, a few close (not many). Today no close friends and just some acquaintances. People moved away, have new interests, some passed away. No women in my life, for several years now. Loneliness and desperation are getting the upper hand. Just going on and on till the tomb stone at the end of the road isn't appealing, but neither are alternatives.

Will say that my mother died (suicide) when I was 12, and this had badly affected my outlook, confidence, etc, throughout life.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hiya islandification and welcome to SF :hug:

Sorry to hear that you have been through a rough time over the past few years. I hope you find the support you are looking for here and find people you may be able to relate to :hug:

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum, I am sorry to hear what you have been through and that you're still struggling, hopefully we can help make a difference :)

4. islandification

islandification Well-Known Member

Thank you both for responding. Maybe it will be a good day. Little crisis right now, because of a conflict with one of my few friends, who is basically more of an enemy now and I don't know why. Has affected my sleep, appetite, and enthusiasm for doing things. Wasn't a real close friend, but I don't have many, and because of my past I think I take things like this much more seriously than I should. Anyway, thanks.

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hello and welcome to the forum

6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi island - pleased that you've found SF and can gain support and encouragement and helpful insights here :)

7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum.

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope things work out ok with your friend Lots of people here to talk to that do care hugs

9. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

:welcome: to SF Islandification

:freehug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.