Just holding on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by just-somebody, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just-somebody

just-somebody Member

Hi guys I am new here so yeah... Well I have been having suicidal thoughts for a while now
    And now more than ever the thoughts are getting stronger I am 18 so I am in college, I skip
    Lessons and go for walks on my own I have tried an overdose before and it was horrible I
    Promised myself I would never do it again. Thing is I know I need help but when I spoke to
    A teacher about it he thought I was doing it for attention and that was a big knockdown I was
    Asking for help and he asked if I was suicidal for attention. I am so scared people will have the
    Same reaction but the truth is I do it because I see no other way. Anyone had a similar experience
    Or can give a little advice or push in the right direction i will be really grateful
    Thanks

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

It is hard when someone like a teacher who is looked at as being helpful responds in such a way. I suggest calling a help line where the people are trained in how to help you. In the meantime, please keep posting here. It will help to relieve some of your stress.

:hug:

3. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

hello and welcome to SF :hug:
    the first time i seriously thought about ending my life was when i was 18 too. yeah.. it's a transitional time when you are facing so many life challenges and changes.
    i'm glad to hear that you promised yourself you would never self harm again :smile: it's addictive, you know. if you kept doing it, it would soon become your only coping mechanism no matter what happens when you feel down in the dumps.

in my opinion, teachers are not trained to handle such an issue. sometimes it's hard for them to truly understand the concept of feeling suicidal.
    you need to get professional help, my dear. go to a hospital to see a counselor, therapist or psychiatrist.
    take care.

4. just-somebody

just-somebody Member

Thank you both for your replies it really helps to see
    People understand it means so much to me to have support x

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, people are always making fun of me or think I'm doing things for attention...but I'm not. I'm in a serious amount of mental pain so I can understand where you are coming from. I know that you need help and you can talk to me if you want.

6. just-somebody

just-somebody Member

Thank you so much for offering final people who understand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.