Just Home

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by lostlonely80, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostlonely80

lostlonely80 Member

So I took an overdose and from on everything is pretty hazy. I remember listening to a voicemail this morning from my key worker saying I had to get in touch with her today or she would call the police and then the next thing I remember was the buzzer on my apartment going. I don't remember getting up to buzz her in and vaguely telling her to come in (I must have put it on the latch). I was in bed and the next I remember was getting to hospital (although again huge chunks missing). I had bloods taken and an xray (no idea why) and then left. 8 hours later I was told it was going to be another 2 hours before I could see a doctor so I discharged myself.

The problem is I now have a huge amount of emotions running around - from guilt to resentment and a whole other number of things!!! How do others cope after trying to commit suicide and for what ever reason not doing so?
  2. Jelly

Jelly Well-Known Member

My way of coping is going out, exploring, trying new things, talking to people I like to talk to. Just being myself, expressing myself, and showing my love and gratitude to people.

Sorry to hear about the OD...please don't hurt yourself again.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Was it best for you to check yourself out AMA? Is there someone who can be with you? Do you have a therapist, pdoc, MD to call? How accessible is your key worker? I am so sorry you are feeling so awful, but am concerned about your safety. What can you do to make yourself safer? I think getting care is one of the best ways to cope...in the US, the wait can be 4 hrs...I guess we are used to it...please see what is available to you...J
  4. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

First I am sorry that you are having the thoughgts you are having and I am sorry you felt that an OD was the answer.

Each of us deal (cope) with a situation differently. I have come close to choosing to try suicide a few times. Each time I have these thoughts I will handle it one of two ways. Keep in mind just because they have worked for me doesn't mean they will work for you. If the urges aren't too bad I will simply keep myself busy. Sometimes with writing about how I feel or with business. I think the writing works for me because it is often the easiest and the hardest to be open and honest with yourself. This helps me process my emotions and pain. If it gets real bad for me I will call the police. I did that 2 weeks ago. The most important thing is your safety.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun go back to hospital okay get the doctor to sign you in for a few days until you are stable hun. It will be safe there please reach out to someone okay hugs to you
  6. lostlonely80

lostlonely80 Member

Hi - thanks for all your replies - still amazes me that anyone takes the time out to reply - anyway that's off topic!!

I've got an appointment with my pdoc tomoz (a longstanding one) which is one of the only reasons I left. I just feel really hopeless now, I guess I saw suicide as my light at the end of the tunnel :(

For the first time I actually feel being admitted would be a good thing for me unfortunately I have to pick family up from airport early weds which means nothing can happen until after that!!!
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

hopefully you and your doctor can set up a day you can get in to get stable okay even if it is just a week some help would be good. Let us know how things go okay hugs
  8. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

It always nice to just cheer someone up after they have been through a suicide attempt!

Don't feel so bad - your still here and thank God you know that you might need help - because some do not.

I'm sure things will get better - you just have to kind of envision that and have some kind of hope on the go - this can be anything really - and the more interests we have the less likely we will get bored and frustrated and likely to see life as pointless.

Sometimes life is pointless.

Looking at my football team - we often get no points!

Overpaid cry-babies really - footballers I mean - not you - or I!

So best of luck and hope you get yourself better in the coming days.

Good luck with your airport trip.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.