Just lost my last relative to Cystic Fibrosis...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Kaza, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Kaza

Kaza Active Member

My cousin Mary died last night, I just found out a while ago, she was 42, she had Cystic Fibrosis. She also had three siblings with the same disease and she was the last of them. My two sisters died as well of Cystic Fibrosis and Mary was the last one of all of them. I really really hoped she could be around for a while longer, I didnt know she had gotten so ill. I can't tell anyone about her death because people look at me like I have three heads if I ever say how many relatives I have lost to this disease. Not one person except my husband knows I have lost two sisters, a lot of people know about one but they would just walk away from me if I said I had lost two of them (I have seen their reactions to people who I know have lost two siblings in the past).

To be honest, I wish I was dead myself, I have wanted to die after each of my sisters deaths and all of my cousins. I know it would kill my mother if I killed myself though so I am holding on until after she dies, and then I will do it after her death.
  2. jessneedstobethin

jessneedstobethin Well-Known Member

Hi Kaza
    I'm so sorry for all of your losses, each of them must have been devastating! To have all die from the same disease must make you incredibly angry at the disease itself. I take it you know about it? I know grieving is an important thing, and I can understand if you feel alone in this, but there are people here who can relate in some way. Maybe you could put all of that emotion into fundraising for charities who fund research for cystic fibrosis? Perhaps that may help a little? Please stay with us! I'm sure your husband will try his best to comfort you through this hard time! And we are here to support as well, 24/7!