just me

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by TG123, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't posted here more often. I've been working 10 hours a day in 2 jobs, as a teaching assistant and the other as a telesurveyor for a polling company. God has been really pushing me in the past few months and stretching me to my limits.
    I was blessed to meet a person who is a recovering drug addict and was able to take part in her struggle to recover and help her whenever I could. She is going through 'ups' and 'downs' and I try to be by her and sometimes things can get hard. For a week she went missing and I was very worried about her and feared the worst. I have seen her at work recently but she is very sick and I do not know how she is now, her phone seems not to work and I do not know where she lives. She is in God's hands, I just pray she is safe and that He allows me to be there for her.
    I have also had the honour of meeting a friend who is suicidal and have been able to get to know her and we pray together and encourage each other. Things got very bad a few months ago and both of us were afraid she was going to kill herself. Praise God she is still alive today and is still fighting.
    I received some bad news from El Salvador where I went for a 2 week missions trip in August. A good friend of the people I stayed with was arrested along with a dozen others for taking part in a peaceful church-led protest against the privatization of water- when impoverished people who are already hugry and often homeless or live in substandard housing are now charged for water. She was brutally arrested and is being charged with 'terrorism' for taking a stand for the poor. She may be sentenced to many years, and El Salvador's prisons are hell on earth, I have been to one only for a few hours. A place where violent gangs are in charge and often kill or hurt people and the guards see all the prisoners as 'animals' anyway. The person arrested is a young female university student and a faithful Christian who follows Christ's call to work for social justice. This puts her at double risk. I feel guilty to be back here in a safe place when my brothers and sisters in Jesus are being persecuted for living out the Gospel. I pray for them, email them and encourage them, and have organized a petition asking for their release. I can't post it here but if you want to see it and sign, email me at holyspiritrocks@hotmail.com
    My grandfather died last week on Sunday (not the last Sunday, the one before that).
    Things have been really stressful and hectic yet I thank God because He has given me the oppurtunity to serve even if it can be hard- and my 'troubles' (limited to only emotional pain of worrying) are nothing compared to what others in this world go through. I believe that we can't escape pain, and service to Jesus was never meant to be easy.

He has done so many miracles in my life. He has stopped me from killing myself before I became a believer. He has done the same after I accepted Him as my Lord and Saviour. When I am down He helps lift me up and I know that no matter how shitty things may get in my life He will never let go of me. I deserve to go to hell when I die yet He promises me Heaven. I am unworthy of friendship or compassion or love or mercy, yet He gives me all of these.

Anyways, just wanted to share some things that have been happening in my life. If anyone cares.

Remember that no matter how hopeless or sad or depressed or guilty you feel, you ARE loved and things are NOT hopeless. Jesus offers us the gift of eternal life if we put our faith in Him and follow Him. No one is beyond hope or love or mercy or salvation. He knows what you are going through and He is there to walk with you and love you if you ask Him to.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

2. gоd

gоd Active Member

Jesteś Polak?

3. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Tak? Pan (czy Pani) tez? Nie wiem jak pisac Polskie litery na klawiszu.

Cristo Vive!*
    - Tomasz

*Chrystus Zyje po hiszpansku

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

TG :biggrin: :hug: Sounds like you've had your hands full..dont work so hard you run yourself into the ground.

God Bless

5. Wow.
    Alot to go through.
    *hugs*
    hope you is okay.

6. gоd

gоd Active Member

Co ty się martwisz o jakiś hiszpanach? Musisz pomagać swojemu Narodu.

Polska ponad wszystko!
    - Andrzej

7. ...

Translate that talk for me, I'm interested. o_O

8. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Mam nadzieje ze pan zartuje. Moj zbawiciel jest Jezus i jestem odpowiedzialny Jemu, nie nacjonalizmie. Polakom tez pomagam kiedy moge, nie sa lepsi any gorsi od kogokolwiek innego.

Jezus ponad wszystko!

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

9. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Hi Sycotic_Sara,

I'm sorry for leaving you and others out in the cold on this one. But maybe it's better not to translate this discussion. Let's just say 'god' and I strongly disagree.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

10. gоd

gоd Active Member

Nie myślisz że kiedy był przygnębiony, chrześcijanie z twojego kultu ci wjebali w głowę ten nonsens? Religia nie może być ponad krwi. Jesteśmy Słowianie, i musimy robić to co jest najlepsze dla naszego Narodu a nie dla jakiś cudzoziemców.

P.S. przepraszam jeżeli mój Polski nie jest fajny, bo mój rodzimy język jest ukraiński.

11. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

-coughs- I'm going to have to step in on this one. If you're going to converse in another language please don't do it on the boards. It's nothing personal, but if insults that, if in English, would normally be stopped are flying between you two, we can't moderate it.

Thank you in advance,
    Fee
    x

12. gоd

gоd Active Member

Don't worry, it is not an exchange of insults, we are just discussing a Polish national issue.

13. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Still, if you would discuss it in English or over PM, it would be much appreciated.

14. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Do you want to continue this discussion by PM or email, or here in English? My email is holyspiritrocks@hotmail.com . Let me know.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

15. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Sorry Magpie, you are right. It's kind of rude to have a discussion on a public English forum in another language which most posters can't understand. My apologies also to Sycotic Sara and others who may have felt left out.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

16. gоd

gоd Active Member

It is not a subject that should be discussed in non-Slavic language. In any case, I recommend you visit www.nacjonalista.org , although considering how Westernized you are, it might not have much impact on you.

17. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

If you want to continue this discussion in Polish, feel free to PM or email me. BTW I'm not 'westernized' and I resent the implication. I am not a Slavic supremacist either. My loyalty and allegiance is neither to the Maple Leaf or the White Eagle. It is to the cross of Jesus Christ. I have seen the website. I agree with its opposition to 'pride parades' and zionism. I too disagree with these things because I am a Christian and for no other reason. I don't believe that my race or ethnicity makes me better or worse than anyone else.

Slavs are no better or worse than Jews or Anglosaxons or anyone else. We are all created in God's likeness and image, and our only hope for salvation lies in believing and following Jesus Christ.

Kind of funny how you wrote 'Polska ponad wszystko!' and then later 'przepraszam jeżeli mój Polski nie jest fajny, bo mój rodzimy język jest ukraiński.' If you are a true Polish nationalist who believes that Poland is better than anyone else, than according to Polish supremacist ideals your Ukrainian background and family is all 'chachly'- trash. Don't you know that Polish nationalists usually look down at Ukrainians? A very famous Polish writer Henryk Sienkiewicz once referred to the Ukraine as 'dzikie steppy'- wild steppes- meaning that nothing human ever lived there. Poles and Russians both used your homeland as their personal fiefdoms and your people as servants. If I am supposed to not care about El Salvadorans because my country 'comes first', then I have no business talking to you, a Ukrainian.

So maybe you may want to rethink that 'Poland is better than anyone else' talk? Because you may end up accidentally stabbing yourself with the very same sword you have unsheathed.

Galatians 3:28
    28: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free person, there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

18. gоd

gоd Active Member

I was born in Lwów, which is historically a Polish city, and my family is Polish. It simply happened that in this day it is partitioned as part of Ukraine and the official language is Ukrainian. Before it was Russian being imposed on everyone, now with USSR gone it is Ukrainian. Therefore since I grew up in this place the only practice in Polish I got was in communicating with my family.

In any case, I don't see why you think Polish nationalists look down on Ukrainians, most other Polish nationalists I know have positive view of all fellow Slavs, except maybe Russians.

Also, I get the feeling you are not a normal Polish Catholic, because most of them don't have a problem being nationalists. It seems to me you are a member of some cult like Jehova's Witness or other sect.

19. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Actually, I go to a Roman Catholic Polish speaking church with my family where I read Scripture, and on my own time I also go to a non-denominational church. Historically, Polish 'nationalists' have looked down on other Slavs, including Ukrainians and Byelorussians especially. Don't worry, Russians too. And vice versa.

I speak Polish at home and watch Polish movies and am not ashamed to admit to anyone I am Polish. But I do not believe that we are any better than anyone else.

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, my Lord and Saviour is Jesus Christ. I put Him above anything else in my life, including Poland. Every Christian is called to pledge allegiance to God over anyone or anything else.

Are you a Catholic? Are you even a Christian? If not, I would like you to know that Jesus died on the cross for you and you can accept Him as your Lord and Saviour so when you face God on Judgement Day you will be able to enter Heaven. Put your faith and trust in Him and work to build His Kingdom on earth. Our country can't save you. Jesus can.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

20. Hi TG. I thought from some of your previous posts that you identified with the Mennonites ?

As far as "cult" status is concerned, almost any religious belief system can be put into that mold. Who is a cult is almost always determined by which belief system is in the majority.

Many Protestants consider the Catholic tradition to be "cultic". I suppose the Catholics could make the same accusation toward the Protestants ! ....hmmmm, isn't that how religious wars :fence: get started ?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.