Just miserable.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by AnnieOakley, Feb 8, 2011.

1. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I lost my job about six months ago, and it's been really stressful looking for work since moving to a new area with my boyfriend. I've looked everywhere I can, and I'm really trying my hardest to find something. But, it's just driving me crazy that I can't find anything, and to make matters worse, my boyfriend is getting on my ass everyday about it. I'm not sure what he wants me to do, I'm doing all that I can, considering, he won't let me borrow the car, and there is no public transportation in my area, I don't have too many friends, so I can't really get a "hook up" anywhere. I'm just so sick of getting rejected by everything, and his constant mean spirited comments and negativity is not keeping me positive about this. I don't have anyone to talk to about this, he doesn't listen and none of my friends get it. I feel terrible, I wake up every morning feeling like a complete failure, and I can't help it. I don't wanna be sad, and when I feel down about the situation, my boyfriend just says I'm pouting and hollers at me. I'm so miserable, since I havent been working, it's like walking on eggshells, I feel like I can't do anything without being yelled at, since he's the only source of income right now, it's like he's supporting me, so , I don't ask for anything, I'd rather starve to death than ask him for any kind of money. When I am kind of enjoying something, he totally ruins it. I've gone in the hospital before for depression, and the way things are now, I feel like I should check myself in once more, I'm so tired. I am absolutely miserable, I constantly think some black hole just swallowing me and just not even existing anymore. I hate my life.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum. :smile:

Have you family or friends you can go stay with for a bit?
    However annoying it is for your boyfriend that you are presently jobless, it does not give him the right to treat you the way he is.
    Maybe even going into hospital will give you the respite you need from his negativity and bullying (and yes its bullying).
    With regards to the job problem, seems this is universal at the moment too few jobs with too many trying for them, so try not to beat yourself up about it, eventually the economy will recover and then it will be easier to find something.
    But the boyfriend, get away from him for a while at least.

3. AnnieOakley

Thanks for responding. I don't have much family here, but, the few relatives I do, I think they would be generous enough to let me stay there for a little bit, ya know, just to kind of clear my head.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi i think it would be a good idea to get away from bf for a bit just so you are not receiving all those negative comments and his verbal abuse. The job situation is hard for everyone it is not you okay there are just so many people needing a job right now. I hope you have a doctor you can talk to about your feeling of depression maybe a thought to get on some meds if you need them
    The thing to do now is look after you okay so if getting away abit from the negative environment is needed do it okay hugs

5. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Hes not supportive and if you continue to stay with him, i only see one outcome from how youve described the situation... You'd only get worst. You need support.. As others have said on this thread.. Go to your family where they may be supportive..

6. AnnieOakley

Thanks for the feedback you guys. I've already set up something with my Aunt, I'm gonna stay with her for a while and get back on my medication, it'll def be really nice to have this break until I get straighten myself out.