Just My Luck!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by WildCherry, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

This is nothing serious; just a day full of mishaps that seems to be entertaining everyone else, so I thought I'd post it here in the hopes of making someone smile.

I don't work full-time. I'm trying to get into tech support, but for now I do small computer jobs in my area for people that I know, or people who have heard about me from someone I know. Today I was supposed to be doing a computer job in a town about 20 minutes away that I'm not very familiar with.

So I'm in the shower, head covered with shampoo, soaped up, and the water goes out. I knew it was coming about a minute before it happened, because the water pressure went straight to hell. So I had just long enough to think, "Oh shit, I need to hurry," before the water was gone. I'm assuming it was a water main break, because nobody in my neighborhood has water right now.

I had to call my mother, who was off work today, to come pick me up (she informed me that I looked like a drowned rat) so that I could hurry up and shower at her place. Then she took me back to my place so I could wait for my ride.

To get to this job, I had to take a form of Access, which is public transportation for people with disabilities (for those that don't know, I'm blind). I told the driver where I needed to go; but in the town I was going to, there is a Seventh Street and a Seventh Avenue.

So Mr. Access Man drops me off at the wrong house. Good times, LOL. The lady who opened the front door didn't even OWN a computer, let alone need one fixed. Lucky for me, someone on her street had wireless Internet, so I could play around on my Netbook while I waited an hour for Mr. Access Man to reappear.

And I STILL have no water!

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

3. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Oops... :(

4. physician

physician Well-Known Member

everything works good for me today

5. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Yes, that would count as a BAD day.

6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Oh Ali....:sad: yeah, I guess just one of those makes it a bad day, but both, then you have to start laughing :laugh: and chalk it up as a "doozie"! Love your take on the situation though, you've definitely got the right personality to handle it, it seems. When I have one of those...well, let's just say I become a little tense.

7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I always try to see the humor in the situations I get myself into!

And as if the first half of my day wasn't traumatizing enough, I had to wait 15 minutes, then go back into a store and ask for sighted help to cross a busy intersection. Generally, busy intersections are easy and don't scare me, but they're doing some sort of construction in the area I was in. So I couldn't hear a thing over the jackhammers. There's nothing like going BACK into the store I'd just come out of to ask someone inside if they could help me make it across the street in one piece!

I'm staying home for the rest of the evening! :) I've had enough adventure for one day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.