Just need a release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domo

Things have been really great for me for the last 3 and a bit months. My last med change was like magic and made such a massive difference. I've got a great therapist and i got to go overseas for a holiday. I feel very lucky at the moment, like things are finally starting to come together.

I say all that because i don't want to sound ungrateful, and i want to recognise all the positive things that i have going on in my life.

But i'm lonely and i feel like i am in a fairly consistent state of missing someone. It's like a broken heart, not the kind that makes you feel like there is no point in living, but a sense of something not feeling quite right. A dull but consuming ache that makes me wince when i recognise its presence.

Most of my friends live in different time zones and i rarely get to talk to them or they have commitments which i respect need to come first.

I am that desperate for affection or anything that resembles love.

I wish i had to stregth to be on my own. And i probably would if i gave myself the chance.

Anyway i just needed to vent a little :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I hope you do find that someone Domo who you can share your life with I know it is hard not having someone near you but i am glad you are my friend glad you back

KittyGirl

It sounds to me like you need a change...

Change in what? I'm not so sure.
I've been trying to make changes for the past year; slowly-- I haven't figured out exactly what I need to do to feel happy BUT I can suggest a few things you should think about trying. This is directed towards everyone, by the way-- not just you, Domo.

- Looking after a pet (be it a goldfish a bird a hamster or something bigger, pets can be good company if you let them; that is, if you don't already have one)
- Volunteering (meet new people, help people in need; it's all very good feelings if you're comfortable being face to face with people)
- Joining a club/gym (whatever it is; meeting people with the same interests as you can open up all kinds of new doorways for friends)

And there are plenty of things that you can try filling your time with like hobbies, writing, reading, crafts. <If you feel that you need some sort of distraction sometimes.

I can't say that any of these things will fill that gap you're feeling or that distracting yourself by doing things will help you to feel less lonely but they might make you a bit happier day by day.
It's normal to crave attention and affection, I think... it's a basic human desire that we all have deep down.
Don't feel like you're being ungrateful just because you feel lonely -- instead, try to push yourself a little bit and get that attention that you want.
I think it might do you some good to reach out instead of holding back.

Domo

Thank you, Vane. They are all great suggestions.

I'll be moving out of home in the near future so i will be able to get my own pet. I really love animals and i think having the unconditional love from animal will make a big difference for me.

I've often thought about volunteering. I wouldn't mind doing something with the mentally ill, now that i am feeling stable i feel like maybe i could be of help. Though i think 99% of the time my blunt attitude often backfires.

Exercise is definitely something i am wanting to get started again. I've used my injured back as an excuse for too long.

I've also recently reignited my love of books so that's another positive thing.

Your suggestions were spot on :hug:

I guess being a slave to love is bothering me the most. And i have reached out to someone but the situation is complicated. I don't really want to talk about it in public. Maybe i could PM you to talk if that's ok?

Thank you for your response, it is very much appreciated.

KittyGirl

You can pm me any time, Domo!
I may not respond right away, but I will read what you have to say very carefully and respond as well as I can.

Domo

It's all starting to crash down around me.

I don't think i have the energy to go through this all over again.

Please don't do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00