Just Need Advice

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Kaish, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

I think deep down I know what's right and how to handle this situation, but crap it's just like the situation with my ex, so I'm conflicted not wanting to hurt this person. Basically, I agreed to do a vacation with this person. She's coming to Las Vegas to see her favorite artist in concert. I live in Las Vegas so what this means is staying on the strip for a couple nights and going to the concert with her. I originally decided to do this because we want to drink one of the nights and to be safe I shouldn't drive home. Well to my complete surprise a couple days ago I received free (front row) tickets and a meet and greet to see this artist! It meant so much to me because this artist helped me find strength to leave my abusive ex and since then her inspirational songs have helped me heal. It was a big deal to me meeting her. However, when I told my friend I was meeting her the first words she said were, "why does stuff like this keep happening. I've been dedicated to her for over ten years. My heart breaks when I hear stuff like this." From there the only time she expressed happiness was in the form of "I'm happy for you, but you have to understand I've been dedicated for ten years." It became more me consoling her than sharing happiness. Basically, I'm not feeling like I want to spend about $500 for this fun week with her. I had my fun already, as unexpected as it was. On some level I am fine with how I feel, but on another level I feel I'm being stuck up and judgmental. I'm sure we'll still have fun, but there's no telling if we'll get into a fight. This friend is so determined to have a moment with the artist during the concert, but is not in a location where it's likely to happen. I'm worried she's going to be a crying mess or have an angry fit of jealousy.

I guess I'm letting her control me too much. She wanted me to get her an autograph when I had the meet and greet and couldn't understand why I didn't want to take time for an autograph request (the meet and greet happens so fast. I wanted to use every second to share my store with her.) I have been feeling depressed ever since the meet and greet and am starting to realize it's because of her jealousy.

I just feel so conflicted because I much rather save the money now and maybe see the artist on my own again. If I was to be selfish I would cancel the hotel reservation and attempt to sell the ticket. It's the fact that I don't want to hurt her that's stopping me. She's 23, this is her first time flying and being on vacation. I know she's putting a lot on this, way too much. I just don't know if it's excusable. I get that life isn't fair and some people have to work harder than others. I do consider myself blessed, but at the same time I feel you have to make things happen for yourself rather than sit at home and cry -- I'm part where I am because I love live entertainment and worked hard to move to Las Vegas. Had I not been so driven to make that happen, that M&G never would've happened. Right now she only adds negativity to my life. I don't know if I should just move on or let this pass.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, I would just enjoy the M&G for yourself and enjoy the experience. You deserve it as it will help to get closer to the artist. I would not worry about the autograph as you bluff to your friend the artist was too busy as she was meeting a lot of fans. You should not worry about your friends as a true friend would be happy for you and not enraged with green-monster of envy and jealously.

You should go along with your friend, no doubt she might try to persuade you swap tickets with her but stay strong and firm. Remember Vegas is a large town and I should not recommending this but you could accidentally lose your friend on the way to M+G. My apologies to the moderators for such a suggestion but it's about YOU and the pleasure you will get from the experience. No doubt your friend will be upset but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity which you might not get again.

I hope this advice helps you to enjoy the experience. Like they say "What goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas." If you want to talk then PM me anytime. Take care and be happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.