Just need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone
Going through school life at a younger age I was popular everyone’s liked me, I was a good looking boy and everything was going perfectly but a bit later into my teenage years I developed acne and not much but enough weight to make me feel awful about myself. This resulted in me having no confidence at all and feeling uncomfortable around people in all sorts of situations, the group of friends I am in is completely unlike me they are confident people who don’t care what others think, they certainly don’t feel how I feel every day

Thanks to having no confidence and the most defeatist attitude going I quit school because I had a problem with a bully and I had no one to turn to, the modern age is completely careless they want a laugh and that for some reason comes from seeing others down, seeing others get taken the piss out of so it saves it from happening to them. I then got no qualifications at all and quit the one good opportunity I had to have a good job because I just felt like I was not good enough etc I now am hit with the thought of what to do with myself and I’m clueless.

I want to take my life so I can be free of everything and everyone but I don’t have the will power to do it, I have no one to turn to, no one would listen to anything I have to say and keep it between us so this is really a final option of ‘someone to talk to’ or ‘help’

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi @Anonymous1789 welcome to the SF forums :) Glad you made your way here. I too am a high school drop out, could you get your qualifications online? Is that an option available to you? Please don't sit around waiting for things to get better, that is what i did and of course things never got better qualifications-wise. Do you have any friends at all that you could talk to? Sorry if that is a stupid question, just trying to get the gist of where you're currently at :)

I cannot got my qualifications online I would if that was possible, I have friends I just don’t have anyone to talk to no one would take it seriously the people I know from school take mental health as a joke I have no one to talk to

Hi there, I'm new as well, but I think you've come to the right place. The people here all seem willing to listen and support each other and we're all going through difficulties of our own so we can try and understand your feelings, at least to an extent.
I've also quit school due to bullying and other circumstances and I know what it's like to feel as if you've no opportunities and nowhere to go in life. But we seem to be the same age and let me tell you, as much as you feel you've hit a wall right now, that's still pretty young, and you've still plenty of time to figure yourself out and sort through what you can, and want to do in life. It isn't too late to finish school, or make a career for yourself that doesn't require you to. It's the age of the internet, and many people are making money online, through youtube, selling art, even playing games.
Do you have any hobbies or things you enjoy and wouldn't mind doing as a job? There are plenty of creative ways to make a living nowadays, don't feel limited because you don't have that one piece of paper that says you finished school.
Regarding acne, I might have some tips on how to deal with that as well, if you still have that issue ;)
Btw, a lot of people won't even notice blemishes on the face if you charm them with your personality, or at least the people that are worthwhile will care more for who you are as a person than a few little spots.
And your friends that don't seem concerned with what others think are probably just trying their best to be confident in their own way, we all get a bit insecure sometimes, and we all need a bit of reassuring, people just rarely admit to this.
It takes guts to come out and admit you're insecure and need help. But as I've said, if you need someone to listen or offer advice, I think you've come to the right place.

Lara_C

SF Supporter
I want to take my life so I can be free of everything and everyone but I don’t have the will power to do it, I have no one to turn to, no one would listen to anything I have to say and keep it between us
Hi @Anonymous1789, CALM ( Campaign Against Living Miserably) is a suicide prevention helpline dedicated to young men aged under 35. Click on the link on my signature to take you to their website, which I think will help you realise there are many, many young men feeling the same way as you are in the UK today. You can also talk to them online if you prefer.

You might also like to check out the NHS pages on mental health, which has some good information and online resources you can try https://www.nhs.uk/livewell/mentalhealth/Pages/Mentalhealthhome.aspx

Have you discussed how you're feeling with your GP as it may be a good idea to take meds at least until the suicidal thoughts go away? Your GP can also refer you for psychotherapy like cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) which improves the way you feel by changing the way you think (although services are patchy). I think in some areas your GP can sign you up for free of charge online CBT sessions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$455.00
Goal
$255.00