just need someone to talk to

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by lostingeorgia, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostingeorgia

lostingeorgia New Member

really depressed here, my wife has mental health issues she's in the hospital right now, she has decided to not let me contact her there, she has convinced herself somehow that i'm cheating on her, i would never do that to her, she is the love of my life and my best friend, sorry it's hard to type this without breaking down, she said she's moving in with my stepson and his wife when she gets out of the hospital, how can god let this happen!!!!!!!!!! i've always made sure she knows i love her,we've been through hell with her mental illness and i've always stood by her through it all, now she wants to leave!!! I njever cheated on her,i wouldn't even think of it!! makes me want to just give up and lay down and die
  2. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

lostingeorgia...you stated that she has mental health issues. This is probably a big reason why she is responding the way that she is.

Don't give up on her and don't give up on hope. Her mental health is what's impairing her decisions.

If you have to, give her some time to sort this issue out.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I echo supermodel's words.

I notice you have found the chatroom and people to talk with, I hope we can help :hug:
  4. lostingeorgia

lostingeorgia New Member

this is just killing me,she's never done this before, this started when my stepdaughter and my son in law went to a group session the last time she was in,they atart accusing me jerry springer style,said his brother saw me with someone,well his brother is a crackhead, and the whole thing was fabricated by him, well that put the idea in her head, now she's back in and convinced it must be going on, this just breaks my heart to think she thinks i'm doing this, I would never do anything to hurt her or cause her pain. I can't deal with this, i can't sleep i keep breaking down
  5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. Maybe you can talk to your son-in-law man to man and find out why he did what he did. Maybe you can convince him to tell the truth.

Otherwise I agree with SUPERMODEL above. Maybe she just needs the time and space and will come to understand the truth on her own.
  6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I agree primarily with the above posters. If she has mental disorders, as you have said she does, a lot of her actions/words are going to be caused by this and influenced by this, and so she may not be thinking straight or aware of what she is saying/doing.
    Give it some time and i'm sure she'll come around
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.