just need somewhere to think things through

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by SmilePretty, Oct 2, 2008.

1. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

recently i have been so overwhelmed. i feel like i am being torn in so many directions. Like i have to take care of the world before i can think about myself. I have been struggling so much but i dont know how to handle it. I have cut more in the past 3 weeks than i have since july. :sad: i dont know what to do. I mean, its not like i can just seclude myself again and try and handle it. I need to be around people or i sink into an even deeper depression. I dont know what is wrong with me. I just want to be happy again. Or even content. I miss being cheerful and the person people would go to if they wanted to hang out not the person they go to if they want to dump their feelings out. Its not like i can tell then to fuck off if they come to me with a problem...they might not have anyone else to talk to. IDK what i can do other than try and manage my life better. Not let the drag of 4 academic classes including two AP classes, headaches and doctors appointments, and my family problems get me down. Thats no reason to self harm i guess. I just need people to talk to who will really care and not care just about the major stuff in my life or what has happened to me....but care about the little stupid things that seem to matter to me but no one else.

sorry to burden any one who reads this with my problems. :unsure:

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You could never be a burden smilepretty. The little things are important. They help to define who you are. You are always welcome to share here. I do care. We care. You should take the time to care for yourself, too. If you don't feel up to listening to someone, let them know. You can always listen another day. Maybe all you need is a few hours and then you would be ready, but you must take care of yourself. :hug:

3. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

You said you are being torn in so many different directions! Most times when we get to the this point, if we were to write down each day what we did, we would see we had done for every one but ourselves. When that happens and we forget ourselves, then it becomes a pattern that depression and the coping skills from the past take over. It is important that those "little things" we do to pamper ourselves are done on a daily basis so we don't forget OURSELVES in the every day lifestyles. If you ever need to talk please don't hesitate to pm me or anyone.

:hug: