Just need to rant

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HateMeToday, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HateMeToday

HateMeToday Active Member

So i started thinking about the time i was put in the mental hospital because i had cut myself and my school found out, i was fine, feeling fine, actually having a fun day and it was halloween day, well i was involuntarily commited even though i didn't need it, and of course they strip searched me, in these places you have absolutely no rights and it makes me so angry, they lied about me being suicidal so they could keep me there, i never said i wanted to kill myself or even hurt myself i was even joking with the guy that came to my school to take me, also before i got there i went to the ER and they treated me horribly one of the doctors ripped off my bandage and i started bleeding all over the floor and it hurt like hell, then they gave me stitches i didn't need cuz it was a three day old cuts, just so they could get more money, and they took me by ambulance which was so not needed, i'm just so pissed thinking about it because things like this should not happen, and doing this to people just makes them feel worse, i was fine, i was getting help elsewhere, then i went to that hopsital and it set me back like a year, it also had no doctors or nurses in it, only one crappy psychiatrist, all the group leaders were just random employees that would make fun of us for our problems, i think the mental health laws need to change, a person should not be commited if they're going to hurt themself, only if they will hurt/kill others or kill themself, i have a right to hurt myself if i want, and i shouldn't be treated like an animal or a freak because i self harm, many people suffer from it you can't lock them all up for 4 days and think they'll be cured, if i ever get put in a mental hospital again i swear i'll fight to the death to get my rights back, especially with the whole strip search thing that's freaking traumatizing, imagine a rape victim being strip searched, do they think that would help them, i get having to search for sharp objects for the safety of everyone but they don't have to make you get completely naked and look at your entire body, that's just not right, we deserve to have more rights in mental health hospitals, we're not murderers and rapists, we didn't do anything wrong, don't treat us like prisoners.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi HMT...hope you are doing better, and yes, many times providers do not keep the well-being of the patient in mind...maybe, as you get older and stronger, this can be a place for you to put your talents...big hugs, J
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: hatemetoday

Wow..I didn't know they do that in mental hospitals..that has shocked me:eek:hmy:

That must have been an awful experience :( I'm so sorry you had to endure that. :hug:

I'm here if you need to talk x
  4. That is truely awful...

And I understand your rage... when I was 12 years old a teacher tried to rape me (luckly I got away)... and the school protected the teacher and there stupid 'Proud Reputation'... to the point they told the police my parents contacted that I had been abusive and made the story up...

-J- :hug:
  5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i am sorry you got treated in such a foul way when you were sent to that place. nothing i can say will help i'm sure but if you need to talk i am here :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.