Just need to rant..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by angel_705, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angel_705

angel_705 Member

I am sitting here babysitting my nephew and I can't stop crying because I keep thinking about how I could kill myself. My mom and I just moved into a new place, and everything just seems to be going wrong. We've been in there for two days now without heat and we finally got the gas turned on and found out that our furnace isnt working. We don't have the money to buy a new one so I don't know how we are going to get heat. We're basically just screwed. I know it is a dumb thing to think about killing myself over.

2. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Hi angel and welcome to the site.

Firstly, it's not a dumb thing to be thinking of suicide. Sometimes we find ourselves in situations where we can't think of any other options.

However, I want to try to give you some hope, as I don't want you to give up. I know that right now things are terrible and look hopeless, but it won't always be that way. You say that you've just moved into this new place - is it rented? If so, it is your landlord's responsibility to ensure that your heating system works. I'm not sure what country you're in (US, I assume), but I'm sure that there will be someone you or your mom can contact to get help with this if your landlord is being difficult.

I so hope that things improve for you. Try not to lose faith, even though things look hopeless. If your thoughts of suicide persist, try to talk to someone about it and get help, because you shouldn't have to face this alone.

Mim

3. angel_705

angel_705 Member

Thanks mim, right now we're renting to buy and we can't get ahold of our landlord, so i'm hoping that they can do something about it later. We don't have the money to pay someone to come out and look at the furnace right now..so that really sucks. But for the time being, we'll be using space heaters. Thank you for replying.

4. Madam Mim

I hope you manage to get hold of your landlord soon, as they have a duty towards these things and you shouldn't be expected to get it sorted - that's what you're paying them for!

I really hope it gets sorted soon, as stuff like that can have such a huge impact. Stay safe and take care of yourself, and know that we're here for you.

Mim

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

You could always light the fireplace to get some heat.

6. angel_705

angel_705 Member

We did get ahold of the landlord last night, but they had basically said that it was our problem... but then later, they called and said they would be out here at 11 am this morning. They are here now working on the furnace and I am just praying to God that they can get it fixed. I just feel like everything keeps going wrong and I don't know how much more I can handle. I feel like I am on the verge of having a breakdown.

7. Ronny

Ronny Banned Member

Hope you can stay strong Angel while you fight these tough times! I know how you feel when everything seems to come crashing down so you are not alone feeling this. I hope you feel better soon!

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope you got the furnace fixed and things start working out better now for you I hate being cold too take care okay.

9. angel_705

angel_705 Member

Thank you guys for the support and replying back so quickly. It is nice to know that there are people out there that seem to care. The landlord had gotten the furnace working!!! Thank God. Now we just have 1 more issue to work out, which is getting our outlets rewired so that we can have our washing machine, dryer, and stove hooked up. Let's hope there aren't any problems there.

10. total eclipse

I hope he deals with that too while he is fixing the furnace take care.

11. Madam Mim

Hey angel, I'm so glad that your heating has been sorted now. I hope they get the rest sorted out as soon as possible. I also hope that you feel a bit better once it's all sorted. Please keep us updated.

Mim

12. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Glad to hear that the furnace is working. Good luck getting electricity working again. :hug:

13. angel_705

angel_705 Member

I am feeling a bit better now that we have heat! I think the cold was getting to me and I was just getting too miserable and depressed. I have actually eaten today, which I've hardly been doing. I just hope everything goes right with the wiring of the outlets. Thanks again :)

14. Ronny

Ronny Banned Member

Good to see you in a happier frame of mind Angel! :)

15. angel_705

angel_705 Member

Thanks, well, we had gotten the outlets fixed but we had to pay for that because the landlord wouldn't pay. I've been feeling a bit better but I still feel like things are going to go wrong. I'm trying to be positive and think of the great things that are supposed to happen this month. I just hope that everything works out okay.

16. Ronny

Ronny Banned Member

Everything will work out fine Angel you will see. :)

17. total eclipse

small steps okay you have heat now electricity i would still talk to rental tribunal and see if landlord should pay the bill I am sure he has too. but i amglad things went well don't look ahead to far okay just take each day as it is given to you take care.

18. angel_705

angel_705 Member

Well, I knew something would go wrong. Now, the furnace is turned on and the pilot light is still on but now it isn't blowing out hot air. ugh. I knew that when things were finally starting to go right that something bad would happen.

19. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Be sure to check that the thermostat is set properly to 'auto' and 'heat.' It could also be a defective ignition switch. I had to get mine replaced because I was getting cold air.

20. Madam Mim

Hey Angel, I'm so pleased things have been picking up, although it sucks that your heating isn't working. It's probably because it's a new system and you need to get used to it. Have you got a manual for it? Check all the steps and I'm sure you'll find some button that's off and should be on. If not, call the people who installed it direct if possible, and if not, definitely get back to the landlord!

I hope they do pay the bill for the wiring, as I'm sure that should have come under their responsibility.

Mim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.